“The Best Sunday Lunch”

The Devonshire Arms
Ranked #9 of 15 Restaurants in Baslow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Devonshire Arms, Inn and Kitchen offers good honest food, great ales and wines, 12 en suite rooms and warm hospitality for anyone seeking escape, exploration, socialising, relaxation or refuelling.
Sheffield
“The Best Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just returned from Sunday lunch at The Devonshire Arms and have to say it was one of the best I have had. My Husband and I had the roast beef, which was cooked to perfection (not microwaved in gravy as many pubs serve it), served with home made Yorkshires and good gravy. Having read some of the reviews we were looking forward to trying it out and we were not disappointed. The decor was very tastefully done and I can understand why they don't do reservations, as the place is enormous. The young waitresses were very attentive and helpful.
As we are avid diners we shall certainly be returning in the evening and bringing friends. This was not just "ok", it was special and certainly do not consider £9.95 pricey for the meal we had.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SheffieldPip

Monmouth, United Kingdom
“ok”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I went to this place as i was in the area and having heard it was under new management etc...it was ok. The new decor is nice and inviting and the food ok, but nothing special. I think that the reviews on here are overarted but everyone has an opinion and this is just mine. Overall, an ok pub lunch, but little pricey for what it is.

• Visited January 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
“visit xmas 2012”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

set off the green at baslow ,very friendly pub closed wood burner glowing in the dog friendly end very helpful staff, friendly manager who works as hard as his staff the food may be odd but it was cooked with love of a person who loves food my wife and myself enjoyed every day we have visited this dog friendly pub on the two occasions we have visited chatsworth caravan site

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank fe04rev
bakewell
“Brilliant menu and fantastic revamp of the interior”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Came with a group of friends for dinner just before Christmas. Fab new design and decor inside so the place was comfortable and stylish. The menu was great - they have obviously put a lot of effort into the food and it was all delicious and well presented in a gastro pub style. It'd say the pricing is about right - with the exception of the sharing plates. We ordered a sharing platter and found the portions to be quite small for the price we paid in comparison to the portions for the individual dishes which were of good portion size and value.

I saw a lot of things on the menu which tickled my taste buds, so I would like to return to try more of the tempting food!

My only criticism would be the staff didn't seem to be very well trained or enthusiastic. There were lots of young girls milling around behind the bar area - none were very on the ball or eager to serve. This place would benefit from waiting staff who take their job seriously as it has an upmarket feel now. I also found it weird that the staff used their mobile phones to place food orders. I've seen restaurants using iPads, but using their own mobiles looks strange somehow.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MaryJShim
Pickering, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I'd like to add to the latest review. My husband and I were the friends who were there from 2.15. We were asked twice if we were eating and when we said yes but were waiting for friends were given extra cutlery but no warning that service stopped at 3o'clock. I f we had been we'd have ordered. The surroundings were comfortable and the menu looked appetising, but as it was eight people had to make do with packets of crisps.My complaint is about lack of communication and a lack of interest by staff.