“Breakfast to remember !”
Review of Charlie's Bistro

Charlie's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Baslow
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Breakfast to remember !”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We originally booked to have lunch, however, as we were so early this turned into Breakfast ! - we were seated as soon as we arrived and our drink order taken immediately. A lovely tea tray arrived shortly after and then our food order was taken. Food took a little while to arrive as it was all cooked to order and when it did it was worth the wait. We will definately return soon.

• Visited October 2013

“Great as ever”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had a great meal last Friday - the rack of lamb was some of the best that I have had in a long while, cooked to perfection. My wife had venison, which was similarly excellent. The only very slight criticism was that the scallops in the starter were rather thin - I am not quite sure why chefs cut scallops in half apart from a desire to make them look like more than they are! Just to qualify my rating - I reserve 5 blobs for the very best restaurants (like The Elephant in Torquay) - 4 blobs is as high as I go generally. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had a fantastic lunch here. The menu had plenty of choices & both of our main courses were really flavoursome. Our 10 month old baby was also welcome & a high chair provided. The service was great despite there only bring one waiter he seemed to make everyone welcome & manage everyone's requests.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Fem44
“Charlies@Baslow”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We have just had Sunday lunch at Charlie's.What a wonderful experience.The staff on arrival were very curtious and well trained.They gave us advice on the menu.The food was freshly cooked with a good wine list.I had goats cheese and mushroom soup,then beef Sunday lunch.The soup was wonderful and tasty,with the Sunday lunch having lots of taste and plenty of fresh vegetables.We were too full to have a sweet.This eatery is well worth the visit, but please book.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Barrington M
Derbyshire
“great breakfast”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

called in to charlies for a breakfast as my partner wanted to browse around the shops next door,not my kind of thing. I was welcomed in , nice decor etc. tea for 1 made straight away, full breakfast arrived 15 minutes later which was fine. Food was perfect and filling well done. Will be back soon.

• Visited August 2013