“Lovely meal”

Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Baslow
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Open All Day 7 Days From 12pm - MONDAY LUNCH CLOSED OPEN 5PM BANK HOLIDAYS OPEN 12PM - 8.30PM Take Away Service Also Available 12pm - 8pm Sunday To Thursday Only. Maxium Four Pizzas Per Order
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

My partner & I visited the restaurant for the first time last night as we were visiting the area. The restaurant itself is in a old stone building typical of the area with lots of Tiffany style lamps and two open fires in the open plan restaurant which gives a warm & cozy ambience. The service was very welcoming & attentive. We enjoyed our starters of mozerella & tomato salad and mozerella, tomato & avocado salad (Tricolore) which tasted very fresh with the perfect amount of pesto, olive oil & balsamic dressing. I ordered the Spaghetti Al Marinara (seafood pasta) which was perfectly Al dente with a very generous amount of mussels and giant, plump king prawns, flavoured very delicately with garlic and white wine. My only slight disappointment was that I felt there could have been a few more squid rings and a few less mussels. My partner ordered a pizza with goats cheese, ham, mushrooms & red peppers which was very fresh with plenty of toppings. We would certainly return when next in the area.

2  Thank Kezzasmartie

Reviewed November 9, 2017

My husband and me with 2 friends booked at table at Il Lupo for last night. We were given a warm and attentive welcome and enjoyed a drink in the bar.

The food was extremely tasty and served piping hot.by friendly staff. My pizza was delicious, the best I've tasted recently.

There were 2 open fires which were appreciated on a chilly evening.

2  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to this establishment, the staff were pleasant, decor ok a bit dated, the place seemed quite busy for a Tuesday evening!

My food experience left a lot to be desired, avocado was rock hard, they agreed and reduced the cost of my starter by 50%, my main was a chicken dish, recommended by the waiter, it was not the best! With the sauce let’s call it, was not very nice, the vegetables totally over cooked ( like old school dinners) when I ordered, I asked the waiter what type of potatoes came with the dish, I was told roast, excellent, with my partner stating, oh that’s good as he does not like boiled!

When the dish arrived the potato’s looked like boiled, I queried this and was told that they were cooked in the oven and they were Italian roast potatoes!!

Now to the majority of people I’ve mentioned this to, to describe Roast potatoes, they all describe exactly what I was expecting but not what was told were the spud I had on my plate!!

There is an old saying when in Rome do as the Romans do, this obviously does not apply at this restaurant!

My partners food was equally uninteresting.

We paid the bill and left, never to return!

One final point, when I looked at the trip advisor quotes, there were no comments for any locals, only people from far in wide - funny that!!

3  Thank Nick G
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

This was one of the most delicious meals we have ever had. From the welcoming family atmosphere when you enter, the phenomenal garlic bread to start right through to the extensive choice of main courses, you cannot fault it. Shame we had no room for desserts!! Sometimes you stumble on a hidden gem and after 15 visits to this area we have found it. It’s a must every time now. Thank you Il Lupo.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

We were staying in Baslow for a couple of nights and ate in Il Lupo on Saturday evening. It's quite small and cosy, nicely decorated, and basically full which shows how popular it is. Staff were friendly and attentive (and mostly Italian!). The a La Carte menu is extensive, with a very wide range of pizza, pasta, meat and fish dishes. Everything was beautifully presented and the food was piping hot and tasty. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for. The restaurant also does a set menu at lunchtime which looks incredible value for money. If you're in the area and like good quality Italian food in a pleasant environment with good service, do try Il Lupo.