“Another Brilliant Meal”

Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Baslow
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open All Day 7 Days From 12pm - MONDAY LUNCH CLOSED OPEN 5PM BANK HOLIDAYS OPEN 12PM - 8.30PM Take Away Service Also Available 12pm - 8pm Sunday To Thursday Only. Maxium Four Pizzas Per Order
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Once again another brilliant meal, I had chicken dragoncello and my husband had chicken cacciatore, both piping hot and delicious as usual, it is such a lovely homely restaurant and the staff have always been polite and friendly, it is a place I would always head for if in the Derbyshire area. Keep up the good work, we shall return. Thank you

1  Thank Sandra M

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was taken for lunch to II Lupo by my daughter as a suprise for my birthday with friends. We all had a lovely meal,excellent food, piping hot with great service continually asked if everything was ok by the polite staff, we thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. I think it was reasonably priced and good sized portions. It was somewhere I had wanted to try for a while and will definately be returning.

1  Thank Daisy209967
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you fancy something different rather than the normal boring sunday luinch then this is the place.
lovely fresh food, beautifully presented and served with the upmost professional staff. This restaurant is decieving from the outside as it looks small but once you go inside its really quite big. It was my first visit and it was very busy. I must agree with other reviewers that the bad reviews are suspicious and also the fact that when reviewers have something bad to say about the other local eateries they are much more generous with their voting than this place. i think maybe its a case of 'johnny foreigner ' syndrome in what is typicall a very english area!!..this restaurant was great and i would recommend to everyone to give it a try.i didnt notice one frozen product on my plate..it was quite clearly all fresh!!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My Husband and I visited this restaurant while on holiday over the Easter period.We went for an early dinner it was only us and another large table in. I have a dairy allergy and told the gentleman who took our order before we placed it. Who we later found out was the manager. I ordered the bruschetta for the starter as it sounded lovely "Chargrilled ciabatta bread, topped with diced tomatoes, red onion, basil, garlic, oregano & lashes of olive oil." and bonus no dairy. Followed by the penne alla Sciliana. Again I made very clear I was allergic to dairy, no milk, butter, cream, cheese and made sure he understood. Our starters arrived and looked, smelled lovely. Half way through my starter I noticed my upper lip felt swollen. I looked carefully at my dish and saw pesto mixed in with the ingredients. I have had many allergy experiences to know when I am having an allergy and try to be rational at the time too. I got my husband to taste as now I couldn't taste anything and he agreed that there was pesto, parmesan.I quickly got the waitress attention who I asked to check, who was unconcerned and said most likely there will be pesto! I was very upset at this point, as I made sure that the manager understood. I talked to another waiter who kindly tried to deal with the matter and who spoke to us because the manager did not want to come over. He said that I should have mentioned it when I placed the order and that it was my fault as the menu said bruschetta basilca , which I am meant to understand Italian. I firmly replied that I mentioned at the beginning of the meal and that it was not in the description and he had several times to check. My husband did enjoy his meal though my experience was very poor. The manager at the end, still denied that he didn't remember the conversation that we had and that there was no pesto in it. What was most upsetting was that he could not see the mistake he had made and not apologies. He also denied that the other waiter came to speak to him about the matter and he would have no knowledge what was in the food. I'm not sure what is more worrying that the manager has no customer experience let alone faith in his staff or the fact that a customer tells him that they have a serve allergy he still feed them what they are allergic too? I do wonder if this place is still open due to the fact that they reply on travellers and not worrying too much about customers returning. We shall not be. If you have an allergy or any food concerns I would not recommend this place!

2  Thank fl0wer1234
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had dinner here last night....service was terribly slow....We were actually thinking of leaving without having eaten because we still had no food after nearly an hour and our son was getting really tired and hungry. However, just in the nick of time, our starters arrived. Food was delicious...really good and mains came out quite quickly after that. One of our party had the Chicken Inferno and said it was terrific plus, although the accompanying veggies were bog standard potatoes, broccoli and carrots, they were really well cooked. The carrots were amazing (fennel added??). Pizzas good too and toppings plentiful. We would go back and we'll let them off this time for the slow, slow, sloooowwww service because the food was very good when it arrived :-)