“Absolute value for money”
Review of Il Lupo

Il Lupo
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Baslow
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Closed all day sunday and all day monday. Evening closing is flexible. please reserve for after 8pm. weekend & lunch reservations recommended.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Absolute value for money”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We didn't expect a lot from the lunch menu ( 3 course) but were pleasantly surprised with the quality and quantity provided. There were plenty of choices in the fixed price menu.
As usual prices of soft drinks were expensive

• Visited April 2011

Dronfield, Derbyshire
“an absolute gem of a place!”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Went for my husband's 80th. birthday . Five adults and 4 young children. It was amazing value and the food is some of the best we have had. We were made extremely welcome and the children were able to relax in a comfortable stress free lunchtime environment. If you are in or around Baslow at any time, do go, it's not all pasta and pizza by any means. We will certainly go back especially at their prices!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Ruddy10
Hereford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best italian ive had....best restaurant in baslow!!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I went to Il Lupo recently after being recommended, it was amazing! The owner(Luigi) was extremely friendly and welcoming - not grumpy at all (as previously stated - it has to be accepted that some people do have bad days!) He was very attentive and from speaking with him, it was obvious this was a family run business.My husband and I had a 3 course meal - which could not be faulted - it was all absolutely delicious. My husband is italian and very difficult to please when we go out for italian food, however, he was extremely impressed with the quality and taste of his meal throughout. The food was fresh and you could tell it wasnt something out of the freezer! I had the pizza and it was cooked to perfection and delicious!! I have read some of the reviews and i was very surprised that we are talking about the same restaurant - it is absolutely fantastic!no faults. I would urge anyone who reads these reviews to visit the restaurant and form their own opinion as we did, and glad we did too!!!

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank T0nyW
Sheffield
“Crazy place but i love it”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

OK, it starts when you see the logo, Il Lupo (the wolf) is portrayed as a sway backed German Shepherd. The bar is is rubbish nothing much on display and not much room if you are waiting for a table.

The owner can be grumpy and exitable but, he is italian!!!!!! One night we were there some women came late, he told them they could have a main course but no starter and no sweet. They stood for it. They loved it. Another night a guy approached the waitress to complain about the attitude of the a waiter. she said she would report it to the owner.. As the guy being complained about was the owner it is clear the management have an interesting way in which to deal with complaints.

Never had other than good food, its not the sterile, servile antiseptic place that now infests the dining experience. Its a bit crazy, I love it.

• Visited December 2010
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“disgusting”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Don't bother going to this place,it's the worst meal my husband and i have ever had. I chose the pizza my god it was burn't and trying to cut into it , i needed an axe not a bloody knife. my husbands meal was also disgusting a pasta dish surely you can't go wrong! Well they did,it tasted like the sauce was made from chicken soup. I did tell the waitress but all she said was "oh did it". suffice to say we declined pudding and coffee and made a very quick exit. Our first time at this so called italian restaurant and most definetely our last. Awful

Visited February 2011