“Beautiful winery”
Review of Waipara Hills

Waipara Hills
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Waipara
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great wines and wine tasting experience. The staff are friendly and knowledgable and the scenery is fantastic. The staff were very helpful with the opening times for other wine tasings as we arrived late in the day.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Christchurch to do a wine tasting and have some lunch. The reason for the low rating was due to the poor service and food in the restaurant. The menu looked appetizing and both my husband and I decided on the lamb burger. The waitress took our order in a timely manner and brought me my glass of wine right away. Then we waited, waited, and continued to wait for our food. It took about 45 minutes for our food to arrive. No one checked on us during this time to see how we were doing or to let us know how much longer until our food would be ready. My wine glass had been empty for about 15 minutes and my husbands water glass had been empty for at least 20 minutes. Poor service. Our food finally arrives, it is warm, and smells great. I take my first bite, and it is like sawdust in my mouth from how dry the burger is. Luckily, the beetroot chutney on the bun added some much needed moister otherwise this would have been inedible. The food was not worth the wait. The only reason I have marked them 2 stars instead of one, is that the wine tasting went very well. Would recommend the wine tasting, but avoid the restaurant.

1  Thank jennifer m
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nice wine, beautiful building, terrific people (4 stars). We bought 6 bottles, and were still charged for tasting (-1 star).

1  Thank shane b
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We started our trip here, late in the day. the staff continued to let us finish our tasting well after closing time. very helpful as to the other vineyards and their opening times etc

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Thank you for looking after us when we arrived quite late! The wines we purchased were really good and we will be back for more!