“The best Indian food we've had in a really long time!”

A Pocket Full of Spices
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Rangiora
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Came here based on a recommendation on DineOut. So glad I read about it and drove half an hour from Christchurch to check it out! What amazing food!
Got the mixed platter ($20.50) as a starter, which came with two pieces of tandoori chicken, two chicken tikka, two seekh kebabs, two onion bhajee's and two samosas. Came out sooo fast and everything was so fresh and delicious!
Main was a butter chicken curry ($17.90) with cheese and garlic naan bread ($5.50ea).. The best curry and the best naan I've ever had! The curry was fresh and delicious, with plenty of tender chicken thigh.. The naan bread was soft, fresh and full of just the right balance of garlic and cheese - AMAZING!
You can rest assured, I'll be spreading the good word for this place.. They deserve to thrive! Absolutely sensational and now my favourite Indian restaurant! Worth the drive and I'll be back to try some of that stuffed lamb naan and some more of those amazing curries.
Well done, team!

1  Thank whateverdamnit

Reviewed July 9, 2014

After having visited many restaurants unsuccessfully during most of our holidays we thought we'd try our friends restaurant in Rangoriya near christchurch, NZ. And we were not disappointed.
Excellent food freshly prepared with authentic ingredients. Very tasty food and friendly environment made us feel very welcome, not rushed and not pestered to eat there in the first place ! All in all, all 3 of us had a great night & afternoon and highly recommended.
Thanks to pocket full of spices with special thanks to Sandeep & Aarti

1  Thank upma s
Reviewed July 8, 2014

After being recommended by close friends, we decided to give it a try as we know from past experience that kiwis don't appreciate strong flavours and so find eating out in Indian restaurants is not an enjoyable experience. But we were delighted with a) the variety on the menu b) the layout of the restaurant c) the attention and courtesy of the staff. That was all before we had tried the food. The food was the best we have had in Canterbury and from the number of people dining there was a hit. Having looked around at the other restaurants in the vicinity (one being Indian) before entering, this one was full and the others half empty , on a Saturday night. Plus the take out service is another success. So we will definitely be going back

1  Thank marie j
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is the 3rd time I have eaten here in two months, twice dinning in and one take away and I am amazed how good it is each time. I have been raving about it since the first time and this time I took a friend who is a true curry master and again they surpassed themselves with great food, friendly service and a great evening out. My son has food allergies and they were happy to work around these. In my previous review I mentioned the take away naan breads and am happy to tell you the naan breads when you dine in perfect. I can't wait to go again. Thanks for a great consistent dining experience.

3  Thank AndrewNZ76
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I made a professional visit to meet one of the owners of this relatively new restaurant in Rangiora and liked the sound of the commitment to provide a unique approach to Indian cuisine. I was back a month later for my first meal and the commitment was matched by the experience - warm and welcoming hospitality, a menu that provided familiar offerings for those wanting comfort food but with some unique variations on a theme, and th best ever Naan bread. I will be back.

1  Thank Alexander6011