“What a great find”

The John Roy
Ranked #28 of 40 Restaurants in Rangiora
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Pub, New Zealand
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have completely renovated the pub inside and out for a fresh, clean, contemporary new look! Our All Day Brunch Menu is a big hit with our patrons as is our Tapas! Try our new dinner menu with table service. Food, drink, great times to be had at The John Roy.
Dunedin, New Zealand
“What a great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

If I lived locally I would certainly spend alot of time at JR's. We stumbled upon it while wandering through Rangiora and I'm so glad we did. The breakfasts are incredible....I can never go past Salmon eggs bendict and it was done to perfection. All breakfasts include unlimited tea and coffee (there is a kettle on the bar). My husband had the savoury mince and there was enough to have fed 3-4 people, my son had bacon, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms and there was also alot on his plate.
Apparently on Thirsty Thursdays they provide hot roast sandwiches.
The lunch menu came out just before we left and everything on it looked good.
Next time we are in Rangi I would like to go back

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Karen B

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Proper full english breakfasts!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stopped by JR's in Rangiora after seeing breakfast advertised. We ordered the mega breakfast for the big man of the family, I had eggs benedict and we were offered a pancakes and syrup for the kids split into 2 servings which was great! The food arrived, well presented, and plates full! Best breakfast we've had in New Zealand and at less $$$ than you would normally find. Free tea and coffee, and friendly service. Will definatley go back!

• Visited March 2012