This was a big disappointment. For a start the welcome we received was off hand and unhelpful, almost as if we should be grateful that the place existed for us. Very little attempt to introduce or explain the place to us. The hotel promised that the room we had - the kitchenette/studio - were the best in the hotel. I think they were tradfing on the view here which would indeed be good if you could see anything, which we couldn't. But the idea that this would be some spectacular panorama as described in the hotel blurb is unlikely to materilaise as the overhang of the upper floor to the hotel cuts the view in half. So you would probably have to bend down to get the full view of Aoraki/Mt Cook! The room was cramped and badfly laid out. The position of the advertised leather sofa - faded and scuffed - was such as to be virtually unusable. The main window gave little privacy unless the curtains were drawn. Overall a very overpriced average hotel room, cramped at that, which we didn't enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Aoraki Mount Cook Village our accommodation is designed to meet the needs of the budget conscious traveller whilst providing the highest standard of service, cleanliness and comfort.We have 16 ensuite rooms, 24 hr onsite management, reception open 830am-800pm daily with 24hour check in available. Free WiFi is included in the room rate as is free off street parking onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- Aoraki Mt Cook Alpine Hotel
- Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Lodge New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village