Clean, cozy, central heating, good large kitchen. The walls are thin and the metal bunks creak any time somebody rolls around, but overall the place is quiet and comfy (it was winter though, so nearly everywhere in NZ was quiet...). Biggest nit is the lack of power outlets for charging cameras, laptops, etc. I'd stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Mt Cook! Our beautiful alpine lodge in the Heart of Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park is the perfect base to explore and experience New Zealand's Southern Alps. Enjoy the natural beauty of the area by taking walks suitable for all ages and abilities. Kayaking, Skiing, Boating, Flying and Stargazing are all activities that can be enjoyed here in Aoraki / Mt Cook, as well as comfortable dining in the village's cafes and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your YHA Aoraki Mt Cook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Mt. Cook Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village