Stunning views welcome you from the upper rooms of the hostel. You quickly forgive the rotten water pressure in the area. Wifi was not working at the time, so check before you arrive. Clean and tidy. No ensuite rooms available, so you have to be patient with the irritating visitors who wish to take an hour in the bathroom. The area is magnificent, food is expensive but good. Maybe bring your own groceries. It's a shared fridge space, a large kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Mt Cook! Our beautiful alpine lodge in the Heart of Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park is the perfect base to explore and experience New Zealand's Southern Alps. Enjoy the natural beauty of the area by taking walks suitable for all ages and abilities. Kayaking, Skiing, Boating, Flying and Stargazing are all activities that can be enjoyed here in Aoraki / Mt Cook, as well as comfortable dining in the village's cafes and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HostelWorld and HRS so you can book your YHA Aoraki Mt Cook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Mt. Cook Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village