YHA Aoraki Mt Cook
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Hermitage Hotel(Mt. Cook Village)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
The Westhaven(Fox Glacier)
Rainforest Motel(Fox Glacier)
View Hotel
Lake Matheson Motel(Fox Glacier)
Sunset Motel(Fox Glacier)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe kitchenbed dormfree saunadrying roomcommon areasmt cookprivate roomyouth hostelcleaned dailyshared bathroomextra blanketsrooms are nicesurrounded by mountainsday hikingnew zealandsmall villagetasman glacier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is such a great place to be at Mt Cook. The moment I stepped in, I felt so at home. I was greeted with a cheerful staff and the check in was smooth. The hostel is clean, bed is comfy, bathroom is clean, kitchen is complete and the lounge is cosy. The room has a strong heater that warms up the room quite quickly. When I woke up in the morning, the first thing I saw is Mt Cook from the window of my room. What else can I say but lovely!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2011

What a fantastic time we had at this YHA (my first one!!!).. The staff were very friendly and always smiling and helping with any questions we had... The dorm room we had was spotless, the showers were hot and powerful.. the kitchen facilities were very good (cleaned daily by the staff even if not needed), TV room was very comfortable.. Great central location and would certainly recommend to anybody..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

It was very cold outside but the building was lovely and warm in the living areas and the bedroom. We also had a heater in the room. We had a double room upstairs. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. Lovely views and fits beautifully into the environment. Make sure you have the towels as they forgot to put them in our room but realised after reception was closed but fortunately caught the lady before she went home. The bathrooms were very clean. Enjoyed our stay and wished we had the time to stay longer. A bit expensive but the cheapest available in the village at the time.
Was very happily surprised about how good it was there - much better than expected

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BCHarvs
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This hostel was very nice. It had a log cabin feel to it with a lovely warm fire in the TV lounge and a separate lounge if you wanted to chat or read away from the TV. There was also a sauna for warming up after a cold walk in the mountains. Very large kitchen but a lot of the pans were old and knackered. Good views of the mountains, friendly staff. The hostel also sells some food as there is no supermarket nearby, but be aware that if you're vegetarian, the choice is eggs or soup.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Russellosborne
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This hostel was easy to find nestled down between grassed banks it blends well with it's environment....I like how they work hard to be sympathetic with the environment.....good recycling systems in place...Great care seems to have been taken in all relations to it's location.. It is a relaxed friendly environment with good facilities for all ages to visit.. Our double room on the upper floor was lovely and warm, very comfortable bed and matress, our room had also a single bed in, but no other furniture , accept 6 coat hooks. The shower on the upper floor was not working, and when I mentioned it to the staff was informed it had been out of use for 1 week...Shame they didn't take my suggestion of putting a ''out of order'' notice on the door, there must have been a lot of water wasted as at least 8 people had tried to take a shower there. I think also they were remiss on our arrival of not informing us this showers was out of use..Staff were generally helpful when approached about other issues , all communal area where clean and comfortable to a high standard..The kitchen and dining room are closed for cleaning from 2.30pm to 4pm...which is reasonable. I would highly recommend this YHA but be sure to book well in advance.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple