Our stay at the Hermitage was quite quick but we loved our little chalet and the Mt.Cook scenery. When we signed in the staff were very courteous, professional and helpful. We stayed in the chalets which were located a short hike downhill from the main hotel.
The chalet had all the amenities you expect, kitchenette, fridge, t.v, ensuite and plenty of space! It can hold upto four people. The bed kept us warm through out the night as they were fitted with electric blankets. The ensuite had a small heater and heated towel rack to keep things toasty while in the shower. The kitchenette is fitted with the basic necessities.
There are a number of trails located around the Hermitage and the Edmund Hilary centre is located adjacent to the hotel. The hotel also offers excursions through out the day, so there's plenty to do. Make sure to bring warm clothing and enjoy the fresh Mt.Cook air!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village