We stayed in mid august and were treated to stunning weather, blue skies, no clouds and no wind. We did the two night special. On the first night the restaurant was not open (due to the time of year) so went to the backpackers lodge down the road for a jovial meal. Great service from hermitage staff as we were shuttled there and back at no expense. Most aspects of our weekend were so memorable and stunning. Our room with balcony looked directly out onto Mt Cook which was mesmorising. The staff at the activities centre were incredibly helpful. We did the scenic flight full monty which was a highlight and would highly recommend if the weather permits.The museum is fascinating and movies are a must. My only gripe would be with the restaurants. The breakfast buffet was pricey but had plenty to offer all palates to satisfy for the entire day. We booked the award winning Panorama Restaurant for dinner and were terribly disappointed. The service was great but the fare was not and it did create an unfortunate negative for us . . . . on walking past the buffet afterwards we would have preferred the buffet option. We would like to visit again and do the glacial lake boat trip in it's open season. Other than an average dining experience we would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village