I suspect like others, we expected to be ever so slightly ripped off here as it is, to coin a phrase, a long way from the middle of nowhere! However, this is a good business, the room was slightly on the small side compared to hotels elsewhere but perfectly acceptable, the food, both dinner and the breakfast buffet, was reasonably priced and good quality. All in all a pleasant surprise.
Hold your nerve for the views, and I hope you get lucky, we did right up to the last morning when you would have had no idea that Mount Cook was there!
Overall, my thanks for a good visitor experience that exceeded my somewhat cynical expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village