Since this is a near monopoly resort I expected to be exploited - but I realy enjoyed it. The hotel is in a stunning setting, and the snow on Mount Sefton gleams through almost each window in the public areas and most rooms seem to have a view of at least one mountain. There are plenty of organised tour options but self-guided tours are easy along well marked tracks. The rooms are clean and well fitted but more akin to motel standards than main hotels. The breakfast (though a bit steep at $38) is an excellent buffet choice in a brilliant setting. The Old Mountain hut cafe (not part of the hotel) just down the slope is better value for general eating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village