The Hermitage Hotel
$111
$104
Agoda.com
Bella Vista Motel Fox Glacier(Fox Glacier)(Great Value!)
$65
$60
$41
  • Free Internet
$76
$96
$89
Agoda.com
The Westhaven(Fox Glacier)(Great Value!)
$59
Agoda.com
Rainforest Motel(Fox Glacier)(Great Value!)
$57
Lake Matheson Motel(Fox Glacier)
$87
$82
Sunset Motel(Fox Glacier)(Great Value!)
$72
$66
  • Free Internet
High Peaks Hotel(Fox Glacier)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,194 results
All reviewspanorama restaurantpremium roompanorama roombuffet dinnernew zealandmount cookthe main hotela la carteaoraki wingtop floorwakefield wingbuffet stylepublic areasglacier explorerssir edmund hillaryhotel roomamazing views
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Really dissappointed in our one night stay.Obviously the tourist trade is booming which is great but we didnt enjoy our visit. Buffet dining room really crowded, a la carte booked out.No need to get changed for dinner...very casual dress code. Wine waiter knew little about NZ wine, he told us this.Food average..$62 not good value for the cost. Tough lamb not a good advertisement for NZ.. Room basic(standard room) The water pressure in the shower was so low it trickled out.So NZ travellers leave this venue to the tourists.

Room Tip: Our standard room had a great view,looked right out to the mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here 2 weeks ago for a couple of nights and was really impressed with my standard room with a view of Mt Cook. The room was clean, smart and spacious. As indeed was the bathroom. The view is the winner here and was quite remarkable. There was an inter-connecting door in my room though, which allowed me to hear voices and the occasional cough from the other room. It's therefore just as well that both the other occupants and I were very quiet and never turned the TV on..!

The buffet evening meal was expensive, but the quality was high and so I was very happy and especially after a long day.

The cafe was nice, but a little expensive.

The excursions offered were of variable quality. I would recommend the 'Ultimate' helicopter flight on a clear, sunny day, which I found to be excellent (I had perfect weather conditions though). I also really enjoyed the 'free' hooker valley walk, which has fantastic views.

Overall, I'd be very happy to stay again and after spending 3 weeks touring around New Zealand (North and South Island) this was one of my definite highlights. I'd say that it can be a little pricey, but is definitely worth it. I'd also class it as more of an upmarket hotel and not a motel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank alarmclock_since2008
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I booked a Standard Mount Cook View room for 2 nights at The Hermitage in November, just before the peak season I believe.

As described in other reviews, you should expect a big structure dedicated to host large groups of tourists, and every extra service such as wifi, cooked breaksfast (continental breakfast only is included in the price), etc, has to be paid for. We didn't feel surprised though, considering it seems to be the only option avaiblable in this range, with a view and convenient location.

Our opinion is :
- the location of the hotel is indeed perfect! to explore the beautiful surroundings, access the most popular tracks and book activities;
- we found the staff to be friendly and helpful;
- our room was spotless, simple but comfortable, and spacious enough for the 2 of us, with a nice view from the balcony.

We felt the shortcomings came from the little service offered for a hotel of this range (no room service for example), and the dining options available : the 2 restaurants in the hotel were pricey, crowded, and as we found the breakfast to be very basic in quality, we prefered to have dinner elsewhere.

However, we had a very pleasant stay at The Hermitage and would defintitely recommend it to anyone visiting this extremely beautiful region.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Three nights in the motel studio with cooking facility. Decent price, considering the super high season. Clean and good size with a small private garden and a bench. a free shuttle bus is available on demand to reach the hotel anytime, where breakfast is served. I was not feeling super cuddled but it has been a very good stay and the location is simply perfect for hiking and visiting the Mt Cook area. There is no grocery store around, the closest is around 70km far away...so...if you want to get the benefit of the kitchen...buy your food upfront!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We spent the first two nights of our holiday in the Spectacular South Island of New Zealand here in Mount Cook. It is a very good introduction. And the Hermitage Hotel was a great first stop. We booked a family Motel and got Room 310. It has a great view!. The room was big and there was a touch of luxury. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the shower was great. The wi -fi worked. They have a pricing structure of $5 for one hour or $10 for 24 hours but it is consecutive hours. So if you timed it well during a two night stay, you will be fine. It seems expensive but it is the same everywhere else. Everything in the room worked, except for the hair dryer. The price for included breakfast was a bit high and it was only for continental breakfast, Extra $10 if you want hot food but there was a lot of variety. The service staff was great. Can not fault the staff. From Reception, Restaurant, tours, they are just wonderful. Some of the items in their shop are a lot cheaper than going to most towns as I discovered when my family got to Queenstown, etc. The tours that they provide are quite good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family