Stayed here in Feb 2011 for our baby-moon and it was good experience. The hotel is located far from everything and near to to the glaciers and that makes it special.
The buffet was excellent.The chalet we booked had a kitchen, a small patio with stunning views of snow capped mountains. The hotel arranges the glacier tour and star tour. Our tour ended in 45 minutes due to some weather issues but they gave a full refund even without asking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village