We stay in their Superior room with a breathtaking view of Mt Cook. It snowed on our second day stay there and the view was stunning, oh with a balcony too!!
Room was clean and has daily housekeeping. Nice buffet breakfast (NZ$29 for the full spread).
For the price of NZ$219/night (during the winter season), it is abit on the high side, considering that its hotel attraction prices are not cheap too..like the Sir Edmund Hillary Museum. The paid internet Wi-fi puts the damper on this hotel, given that some motels have free Wi-fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, The Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD and Argo Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village