The Hermitage Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$127
$117
Agoda.com
Bella Vista Motel Fox Glacier(Fox Glacier)(Great Value!)
$70
$77
$98
$91
Agoda.com
The Westhaven(Fox Glacier)(Great Value!)
$62
$60
Rainforest Motel(Fox Glacier)(Great Value!)
$90
$86
Agoda.com
Lake Matheson Motel(Fox Glacier)
$84
$70
Agoda.com
Sunset Motel(Fox Glacier)(Great Value!)
$85
$64
  • Free Internet
Misty Peaks(Fox Glacier)
$99
$95
2,175 results
All reviewspanorama restaurantpremium roompanorama roombuffet dinnernew zealandmount cookthe main hotela la carteaoraki wingtop floorwakefield wingbuffet stylepublic areasglacier explorerssir edmund hillaryhotel roomamazing views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I guess if I had to sum up my experience of staying at the Hermitage in one word, it would have to be "WOW" !!!
We drove down to The Hermitage at Mount Cook from Christchurch, the entire drive is senic, with loads n loads of photo opportunities all along. All thru our 4 hour drive I was wondering if the place we were headed for would be any better than everything that we were passing by, n boy was it worth it or what !
This must easily be among the best destination + hotel combinations in the world.
The location is obviously breathtaking, the property is fantastic, the food n service are comparable to the best in the world. What more can one ask for ?
Itz worth every doller u spend on it, period.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank vishnu charan
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We got the bedrooms on offer, at $99/night. It was well worth it. The scenery to wake up to, despite being in the Mount Cook Wing, was fantastic! We read about rooms that didn't have to good a view, but luckily for us the hotel was pretty vacant during our time (June) and yea it was great!

There are very few restaurants around the area but they were great.

The service personnel were very helpful, and were very patient with us.

All in all I would say if you could get it at a good price, its a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Yes it's expensive but I'm so glad we did it. The views from our room were just amazing and we quickly forgot about the cost. Room was clean, well appointed and warm. Staff were very friendly here, always helpful. We didn't eat here because the cost was prohibitive for our family but took the advice of others and ate at the Mountaineers Café and then for breakfast we stopped in at the Twizel bakery. There is a mini convenience store at the hotel gift shop where you can get things like bread and instant noodles.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here then get a room with a view of Mount Cook....trust me it's worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mel L
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a one night stay and loved it. Most staff excellent and only let down by reception on arrival (I was ignored for 2 mins and only customer he was talking to another staff member who in the end pointed me out as waiting). I must admit the next time I spoke to them no issues. My highlight was the meal in panorama room. The best meal out in a very long time

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Hermitage for 2 nights for our 7year wedding anniversary. The weather has been rain and clouds so our view of the mountains haven't been great. But the experience is worth it. We had snow today and the walks were great around the area. The service is amazing. Although the dining options are a bit pricey I was happy to pay as the food was delicious. We also were surprised as the hotel had upgraded our room. I was so happy I started to cry it really made me feel blessed not to mention we had a gift in the room with a note thank you so much. I would definitely recommend friends and family stay at this hotel it has made our anniversary incredible. Thank you to the management and staff at The Hermitage.

• Stayed: June 2013