We had two rooms at this hotel. One standard room for our parents in the main hotel, as well as a Chalet for ourselves and our 15 month old.
The room in the main hotel was good, albeit slightly on the small side. It was well furnished and comfortable, with a good bathroom and a spectacular view to Mt Cook.
However, the Chalet was little disappointing. Basic furnishings, bland decor and small windows which afforded no view whatsoever to the mountains or surrounding scenery. Rather over-priced for the quality of accommodation.
My advice would be to book one of the two Chalets with a view to Mt Cook, or otherwise stay in the main hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village