We stayed in a motel unit, which is detached from the main hotel area. The motel unit have 1 fully enclosed bedroom and a living room that contains a double bed and a fold out couch. There is 1 bathroom, shared by all in the living area. Most of the motel units have glorious views of Mt Cook from the rear of the unit. The kitchen is quite small but does have most things required for meal preparation - BYO oil, salt and pepper! The furnishing is a bit older but it's clean and tidy. It claims to fit 5 people, but the bedding configuration makes it quite hard to fit that many people, as there is only really 2 rooms in the unit, shared by all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village