My family of four stayed in mid-Feb, and the setting of the Hermitage is truly extraordinary, the service was more than helpful at the front desk and elsewhere, and the various outdoor activities where great. The hike through the valley with a full frontal view of Mt Cook is breathtaking, and the 4WD Argo tour with Graham was excellent...both fun and exceptionally informative. We enjoyed the Old Mountaineer Cafe best for food & drink, as opposed to dinning in the more expensive hotel restaurant. Do be aware that the hotel has several wings and I imagine the rooms are of varying levels of update and views accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village