The Hermitage Hotel is located in the beautiful Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park. The view from our room was stunning and the whole experience exceeded our expectations. Rooms were modern and clean with nice furnishings. The Mount Cook village had a buzz about it and lots of great walking tracks. We ate diiner in the Panorama Restaurant and the food was delicious. We attended the first half of star gazing activity (Inside only) in the evening at the Planetarium which was really interesting and quite an experience. We didn't attend the 2nd half of the tour which goes outside to look at the night sky through a telescope because it was cloudy. We also did the Glacier Explorers trip which was unique. We were able to touch and taste icebergs and view the glacier from a boat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village