We stayed two nights here in a self contained unit. I was impressed at the quality of everything in the room, including the bathroom and kitchen appliances. The pictures online do not do it justice because I think the bed covers make it look outdated. Since we had a self contained unit we did not make use of the other facilities, but it looked like everything we may have needed was there.
The walk to the lake was a bit longer than expected, but it offered incredible views and was a nice easy stroll. The views of Mt. Cook and the surrounding mountains were far better from here than I felt they were in the Mt. Cook township. I would definitely choose to stay here again over staying in Mt. Cook. Especially since its just a quick drive there. The drive to Tekapo is about an hour away, but the scenery is so beautiful the trip flies by.
The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about the area. They offered great recommendations on things to do in the area and were helpful with general travel questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glentanner Park Centre, Aoraki/Mount Cook's Holiday Park, Flightseeing and Activity Centre is sited on the shores of Lake Pukaki, with phenomenal views of Aoraki Mount Cook. Boasting the best weather in the region, Glentanner is conveniently located just 18km from Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park. Set amongst a working high country sheep station, Glentanner is kiwi at its best! We offer a range of budget accommodation options including fully equipped self contained units with own kitchenette and bathroom, standard and basic units with shared facilities, dormitory beds, power sites for caravans & camper vans & tent sites. Facilities include a large kitchen, dining and TV lounge, indoor/outdoor BBQ pavilion, laundry, ablution block, computers and WiFi internet (30 min free). In the purpose built centre you will also find a merino retail and souvenir shop and cafe. Outdoor adventure activities include helicopter flights with snow landings, scenic flights, heli-hiking, glacier boat trips, fishing, hunting and world famous walks and hikes. We look forward to welcoming you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mount Cook Glentanner Park Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glentanner Park Centre (Mount Cook) Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- Mount Cook Glentanner Park Centre New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village