Stayed here one night late April. It was very quiet and for a while we were the only camper there and could pick our own secluded spot in the very private little powered parking bays amongst the trees. We chose a site which had lovely views of a snow tipped Mt Cook and were visited by some 'friendly' fowl like birds (looked like pheasants) who wanted handouts and lots of rabbits.
The staff in the office at the shop were very helpful and made you feel welcome. The coffee in the shop was great and service super friendly. You can get helicopter flights from here to all the mountain sites and scenic flights as well as horse trekking. The shop has a very warm cosy licenced restaurant and sells quality merino woollen garments and alpine clothing and a limited supply of wine and beer but is not cheap.
The campsite is situated near Lake Pukaki and the bottom end of the Tasman Glacier and is about 18km from the Mt Cook village. Takes approx 15mins to drive to the village where all the 'action' is and you can drive up to the base of the Tasman Glacier and look down on it.
Glentanner Park is on a working sheep station and sheep are frequently seen crossing the road in flocks. Very picturesque against the green fields and snow clad mountains. Very NZ.
Facilities are good at the park and a great BBQ area is set under cover if the weather is warm.
A very nice place to spend a day or two. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glentanner Park Centre, Aoraki/Mount Cook's Holiday Park, Flightseeing and Activity Centre is sited on the shores of Lake Pukaki, with phenomenal views of Aoraki Mount Cook. Boasting the best weather in the region, Glentanner is conveniently located just 18km from Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park. Set amongst a working high country sheep station, Glentanner is kiwi at its best! We offer a range of budget accommodation options including fully equipped self contained units with own kitchenette and bathroom, standard and basic units with shared facilities, dormitory beds, power sites for caravans & camper vans & tent sites. Facilities include a large kitchen, dining and TV lounge, indoor/outdoor BBQ pavilion, laundry, ablution block, computers and WiFi internet (30 min free). In the purpose built centre you will also find a merino retail and souvenir shop and cafe. Outdoor adventure activities include helicopter flights with snow landings, scenic flights, heli-hiking, glacier boat trips, fishing, hunting and world famous walks and hikes. We look forward to welcoming you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Mount Cook Glentanner Park Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glentanner Park Centre (Mount Cook) Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- Mount Cook Glentanner Park Centre New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village