“Great ride”

Mount Cook Alpine Explorer Helicopter Flight
$336.42*
Mount Cook Mountains High Helicopter Flight
More attraction details
Owner description: Glentanner Park is situated within a genuine working high country sheep station located in an idyllic setting at the base of New Zealand’s highest mountain, Aoraki/Mount Cook. The surrounding scenery varies from the glacial fed Lake Pukaki and the surrounding rugged high country landscape to the soaring peaks and mighty glaciers of the Southern Alps. The Helicopter Line provides a range of scenic flights that venture into this alpine wonderland and offer you the privileged views.
Bribane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great ride”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I walked in off the street, no booking to see if we could get on a flight. We had time constrains, so paid up for the 45min flight hoping some other guests would come along. I saw the booking sheet as we walked in, no booking and they kept telling lies saying others where coming. I hate being lied to, but I guess its part of the sales technique. I also understand that it is not economical to fly 2 people in the larger machines. Heads up guys, I know how it works, no need to lie! I was happy to wait given the little time I had, and give we were walk ins I was not expecting anything special! Its not hard to pick when people are telling lies!

However, I was just about to leave (once again, due to time constraints), then they offered to fly just the 2 of us anyway. Another couple with a later booked flight turned up just as we were about to leave, so they hopped on our flight, I am guessing much to the relief of the staff at the mt cook office.

The flight was great, we managed to snag some good weather and got to see some views that no one else would have seen that day. Pilot(s) were great.

The bigger machines are better for the nervous flier, especially around the large peaks where there is a lot of turbulance. Its been a while since I have ridden in a 6 seater and forgot how refined it was!

Visited February 2013
TotallyTourism, Front Office Manager at The Helicopter Line Mount Cook, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi Andy

We appreciate with your time constraints that we were able to fly you and receive your review.

The staff from the onset of your arrival, were trying to call later confirmed flying guests to make your flight go ahead. I am sorry if it seemed to you that we were lying it was certainly not the case.

We had a helicopter become available when you were about to leave and the opportunity arose to fly you and your partner.

We are glad that you both enjoyed your flight.

Sydney
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Once in a life time experience”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We arrived the afternoon before our booked flight and the weather was perfect, so we rang and arranged to bring the trip forward a day. My family had never been in a helicopter before so we were all very excited. We did the 45 minute trip which flew around Mt Cook and landed at the top of one of the glaciers. The views were breathtaking and the camera was in constant use. The pilot was very informative. The staff on the ground were also very helpful and advised us on how many layers of clothing to bring. We could leave our backpack and other things we did not need for the flight in a locker.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank esond
TotallyTourism, Front Office Manager at The Helicopter Line Mount Cook, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Mountains High 45 minutes flight.

We appreciated that you called to check if the weather conditions were good, it was great that the weather was perfect for your trip to depart.
For your first time in a helicopter you chose the best flight to see all the main features of the Aoraki Mount Cook National Park and the Westland National Park.
Your snow landing site on this flight was the Liebig Dome with stunning views of Mt Cook and Mt Tasman. Very breathtaking indeed.
Your Pilot and Ground staff love this beautiful area and their knowledge and safety focus is not only their jobs but their passion.
Enjoy your memories and photos of this amazing experience.
From the team at The Helicopter Line
Grande Prairie
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Mount Cook, New Zealand”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A long drive from Queenstown or Christchurch, but worth it. Splendid scenery & nice, well-groomed hiking trails, good restaurant & good hotel.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Brutiffany
TotallyTourism, Front Office Manager at The Helicopter Line Mount Cook, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our amazing product.
We are glad you enjoyed your visit and experience with us.
Enjoy all your photos and memories of your visit to Aoraki Mount Cook.
Melbourne, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“The best experience ever”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My first ever helicopter ride was with the same company over in Queenstown. This was the second, but much longer in duration.

What an experience! We flew up to the top of a mountain range, over the glacier and lake, landing in the snow. It came up to my knees and was blue....never seen snow like it. Snowballs and photos later, back in to fly over the mountain range to the next valley, Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers. Then, up along Mt Cook, crystal clear sky, sunshine, light wind blowing snow form the peak, truly amazing. Followed the snow line to the summit, wow, what a privilege! A part of the world only accessible if you are a mountain climber or in a helicopter!

Coming back down over the Hermitage, where we had stayed the night and then in over the lake, it made me cry.

Visited December 2012
TotallyTourism, Front Office Manager at The Helicopter Line Mount Cook, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hi there,
Thank you for writing an amazing review on the Mountains High flight.
It's great to hear that you had such a wonderful time. It's always breath taking when Mt Cook puts on a show with the awesome weather.
It is the best way to see both the Westlands and Aoraki Mount Cook National parks and all the spectacular scenery that they have to offer.
Thank you from The Helicopter Line Team.
Scottsdale, Arizona
207 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“Thrill of a Lifetime”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We took an hour long helicopter ride around Aoraki Mount Cook that was simply one of the high points of our lives. I am a retired Army officer who has flown in many helicopters and these flights never get old, especially around New Zealand's southern Alps and more particularly the Mount Cook area. Wow! I had the impression that we would land on a glacier - but I was mistaken. Rather we did a pinnacle landing on the top of a mountain across the Tasman Glacier valley from Mount Cook. We were able to get out of the helicopter and walk in the snow to marvel at the incredible views of Mount Cook and the Southern Alps across the valley. Then we flew around Mount Cook passing over the Fox and Franz Joseph Glaciers. This flight is expensive but my wife and I would not trade it for anything! DO IT!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank jnichols
TotallyTourism, Front Office Manager at The Helicopter Line Mount Cook, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your awesome review of your Mountains High 45 minute flight with The Helicopter Line Mount Cook.

We are very pleased you enjoyed our incredible features of the Southern Alps of New Zealand. The Aoraki Mount Cook National Park and Westland National Park. Your snow landing on the Liebig Dome is the best snow landing vantage point for views of Aoraki Mount Cook. To Stand on the snow and marvel at the incredible views is a must when in New Zealand and you have experienced a once in a life time high point indeed.

Enjoy your photos and memories of your journey with us.