“Family friendly”

Abisko Lodge and Apartments
Sydney, Australia
“Family friendly”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We found this mini lodge to have a central location, very helpful managers & a homey feel. The cats were a huge hit with the kids! The managers couldn't do enough for us- offering the help/ services, not waiting to be asked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Abisko_Lodge_NZ, Owner at Abisko Lodge and Apartments, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hi Amber,

Thank you for your lovely review – we really appreciate it.

It is never a problem for Luenne or me to give ideas and advice to our clients; we are always happy to help.

We are glad you and the family enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to see you again I the future.

Oh, and the cats say Hi too…

Alex & Luenne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Perfect lodge super close to all the action in Methven. Ski bus stops right outside, movie theatre and restaurants are 50 metres away. Love the porridge for breakfast - great start for a day of skiing. The room was comfortable, warm and roomy. The bed was very comfortable. It is clean throughout. The hosts are super friendly, easy going and have heaps of information. Will be back next season :)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank David-Windsor
Abisko_Lodge_NZ, Owner at Abisko Lodge and Apartments, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thanks for your great review David, we really appreciate your views and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Your timing was perfect – almost two meter snow base to ski on!!! Awesome. Makes for a great holiday.

See you again next year we hope.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had the most amazing experience at Abisko Lodge! After a very long and tiring trip we made it there quite late and frazzled. We were greeted by Luenne who was incredibly lovely and quickly helped us settle in and unwind. Both Alex and Luenne were always super friendly and offered lots of helpful recommendations on where to visit, eat etc. During our visit, it was also my partners birthday and had asked if they would help me suprise him after our day of skiing. I had ordered a cake from a bakery which Luenne very kindly offered to pick up for me whilst we were out and had also filled the room with balloons. Needles to say Jay had an amazing birthday and was delighted with the effort we all had gone to. The rooms were lovely and clean and always nice and warm and the breakfast provided was always fresh and yummy (LOVED the muffins!!) Thank you so much both for making our first overseas trip a beautiful experience to remember. Would recommend this lodge to anybody and everybody!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Abisko_Lodge_NZ, Owner at Abisko Lodge and Apartments, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Hi Sara L,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

It is never a problem for us to try and make our guests comfortable and happy when they stay with us.

Luenne got just as much fun setting up Jay’s surprise – it was funny to see her run when she was wandering back with the birthday cake to suddenly see the ski shuttle bring you folk home, almost as funny as seeing her almost pass-out from blowing up all the balloons!!!

We are glad you both enjoyed your stay (and surprise) and we lok forward to seeing you again.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived to a very warm welcome from the owners but because we were early we dropped our cases in the office and went out for breakfast. We stayed in a self contained three bedroom apartment and had the use of two bedrooms. When the apartment was ready we were shown in and Alex had already moved our suitcases in (nice of him because it was no small effort), and got the log burner stoked up so we were met with a cosy lounge. The apartment was really big and tidy but there was no heating upstairs so unless you remembered to chuck a log on the fire if you got up to go to the loo then it was a little chilly in the morning. The beds all had electric blankets though which were lovely.
On the downside we had a freak invasion of cluster flies on our first night which took a day or so to resolve. The owners were very apologetic and went to considerable effort to sort it out. We were offered a free session in the spa but opted for some free Internet time instead.
Overall the motel was in a great location and handy for everything in Methven.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kangaray
Hi kangaray,

Thank you for your lovely review and your patience and understanding with the issues we were having. Needless to say, it is well sorted now.

We believe our apartments offer the best value-for-money apartments in Methven. Spacious, clean and cosy with a full kitchen to make it your home-away-from home.

We are always happy to help where we can – this makes our guests stay as least difficult as possible.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again one day.

Wilmslow, UK
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at the Abisko on a ski tour of NZ. The accomodation was clean, comfortable, and warm: all I needed. What makes it stand out was the standard of service. When I was about to leave, I was in a big hurry due to a threatened big snowfall. As a result of the rushing around I managed to lock my keys in my car (durr!). The management phoned round for me and managed to get someone to come out within an hour to get me on my way.

When I arrived at my next destination, I realised I had left some (not cheap) clothes in the room. At first, the management could not locate them. However, when I arrived back in the UK they contacted me to say that my stuff had been found: it had slipped behind the furniture!! They sent it back to me in the UK. These are really good people, and I recommend staying at their place for an excellent welcome great service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Foodvik
Abisko_Lodge_NZ, Owner at Abisko Lodge and Apartments, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Hi Foodvik,

Thank you for your review and your lovely comments; Luenne and I are both glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Local knowledge is very important to us – we make sure we know who to call, when and for what to make sure that the client is looked after all the way. Sometimes this involves fixing rental cars too!!! For us, we are just happy to help. We imagine if it was us, would we like someone to offer us a little help in getting the problem solved? Of course we would, so we make sure we help where we can.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our accommodation standards met your expectations.

We hope to see you next time you venture to Methven on a ski vacation. (Big snow so far this year!)

Thank you again.

Alex and Luenne
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Just an absolutely lovely stay. The rooms were fantastic and its location very convenient. Alex and Luenne were lovely with the friendliest cats! Will definitely be coming back when I visit NZ again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lilik_zw
Hi lilik_zw,

Thank you for your comments.

Luenne and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay, oh, and so are the cats!!!

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Thank you again.

Waikato
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband Peter and I really enjoyed our stay at Abisko Lodge, we were travelling with a group of friends as part of a wedding party.
We hardly saw Alex and Luenne ourselves but still felt they provided a great service, they were very accomodating, helpful and friendly.
We shared a 2 story flat with 3 bedrooms and a bathroom up stairs, the bedrooms were large, comfortable and warm.
Downstairs was a large open plan lounge, dining and kitchen with another toilet and bathroom.
We found the facilties to be clean, comfortable and more than adequate.

Room Tip: Alex and luenne are very good at accomodating large groups.