“Absolutley AMAZING!”

Abisko Lodge and Apartments
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had the most amazing experience at Abisko Lodge! After a very long and tiring trip we made it there quite late and frazzled. We were greeted by Luenne who was incredibly lovely and quickly helped us settle in and unwind. Both Alex and Luenne were always super friendly and offered lots of helpful recommendations on where to visit, eat etc. During our visit, it was also my partners birthday and had asked if they would help me suprise him after our day of skiing. I had ordered a cake from a bakery which Luenne very kindly offered to pick up for me whilst we were out and had also filled the room with balloons. Needles to say Jay had an amazing birthday and was delighted with the effort we all had gone to. The rooms were lovely and clean and always nice and warm and the breakfast provided was always fresh and yummy (LOVED the muffins!!) Thank you so much both for making our first overseas trip a beautiful experience to remember. Would recommend this lodge to anybody and everybody!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Abisko_Lodge_NZ, Owner at Abisko Lodge and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Hi Sara L,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

It is never a problem for us to try and make our guests comfortable and happy when they stay with us.

Luenne got just as much fun setting up Jay’s surprise – it was funny to see her run when she was wandering back with the birthday cake to suddenly see the ski shuttle bring you folk home, almost as funny as seeing her almost pass-out from blowing up all the balloons!!!

We are glad you both enjoyed your stay (and surprise) and we lok forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived to a very warm welcome from the owners but because we were early we dropped our cases in the office and went out for breakfast. We stayed in a self contained three bedroom apartment and had the use of two bedrooms. When the apartment was ready we were shown in and Alex had already moved our suitcases in (nice of him because it was no small effort), and got the log burner stoked up so we were met with a cosy lounge. The apartment was really big and tidy but there was no heating upstairs so unless you remembered to chuck a log on the fire if you got up to go to the loo then it was a little chilly in the morning. The beds all had electric blankets though which were lovely.
On the downside we had a freak invasion of cluster flies on our first night which took a day or so to resolve. The owners were very apologetic and went to considerable effort to sort it out. We were offered a free session in the spa but opted for some free Internet time instead.
Overall the motel was in a great location and handy for everything in Methven.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kangaray

Hi kangaray,

Thank you for your lovely review and your patience and understanding with the issues we were having. Needless to say, it is well sorted now.

We believe our apartments offer the best value-for-money apartments in Methven. Spacious, clean and cosy with a full kitchen to make it your home-away-from home.

We are always happy to help where we can – this makes our guests stay as least difficult as possible.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at the Abisko on a ski tour of NZ. The accomodation was clean, comfortable, and warm: all I needed. What makes it stand out was the standard of service. When I was about to leave, I was in a big hurry due to a threatened big snowfall. As a result of the rushing around I managed to lock my keys in my car (durr!). The management phoned round for me and managed to get someone to come out within an hour to get me on my way.

When I arrived at my next destination, I realised I had left some (not cheap) clothes in the room. At first, the management could not locate them. However, when I arrived back in the UK they contacted me to say that my stuff had been found: it had slipped behind the furniture!! They sent it back to me in the UK. These are really good people, and I recommend staying at their place for an excellent welcome great service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Foodvik
Abisko_Lodge_NZ, Owner at Abisko Lodge and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Hi Foodvik,

Thank you for your review and your lovely comments; Luenne and I are both glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Local knowledge is very important to us – we make sure we know who to call, when and for what to make sure that the client is looked after all the way. Sometimes this involves fixing rental cars too!!! For us, we are just happy to help. We imagine if it was us, would we like someone to offer us a little help in getting the problem solved? Of course we would, so we make sure we help where we can.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our accommodation standards met your expectations.

We hope to see you next time you venture to Methven on a ski vacation. (Big snow so far this year!)

Thank you again.

Alex and Luenne

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Just an absolutely lovely stay. The rooms were fantastic and its location very convenient. Alex and Luenne were lovely with the friendliest cats! Will definitely be coming back when I visit NZ again.

1  Thank lilik_zw

Hi lilik_zw,

Thank you for your comments.

Luenne and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay, oh, and so are the cats!!!

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Thank you again.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband Peter and I really enjoyed our stay at Abisko Lodge, we were travelling with a group of friends as part of a wedding party.
We hardly saw Alex and Luenne ourselves but still felt they provided a great service, they were very accomodating, helpful and friendly.
We shared a 2 story flat with 3 bedrooms and a bathroom up stairs, the bedrooms were large, comfortable and warm.
Downstairs was a large open plan lounge, dining and kitchen with another toilet and bathroom.
We found the facilties to be clean, comfortable and more than adequate.

Room Tip: Alex and luenne are very good at accomodating large groups.
1  Thank Helen_Anderson

Hi Helen,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us some comments on your stay with us.

We are so happy that your stay with us was enjoyed and so glad that you found the apartment neat and tidy, which certainly makes your stay a whole lot more comfortable.

We have since upgraded the apartment bathrooms and we are very happy with the bright atmosphere that has been created by fully replacing all the fixtures from floor to ceiling. For us, it is about value adding for the guest.

Thank you again for your kind comments; We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I highly recommend staying with Alex and Luenne at Abisko Lodge!

The rooms are clean, well kept and very comfortable! Abisko Lodge is ideally situated in Methven - walking distance to all your needs. Alex and Luenne have a wealth of information about anything you may be looking for: be it hiking tracks, things to do, places to eat or even the best hairdresser or beautician in town! AND they both go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and provide beyond-the-call-of-duty help.

We stayed in the apartment which had 3 comfortable bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs and a very spacious open plan lounge/dining area/ kitchen and second bathroom downstairs. On arrival we were simply blown away by the rooms. Really good value for money! Highly recommend any travelling group to use this apartment!

Peter and I live in the North Island but decided to get married in Canterbury. We were looking for a nice but affordable place to stay for the week leading up to our wedding for 9 people (ourselves, bridal party, friends and my mother) and are so grateful we stumbled on to Abisko Lodge!

Before even checking in, Alex was incredibly helpful over the phone with recommendations for a beautician for the bride and bridesmaids, a hairdresser for the mother of the groom and go-to-girl and general 'things to do' in and around town. I used him as my travel agent and he was so helpful! All recommendations were excellent.

During the week we had usual wedding stumbling blocks and Luenne was so kind in helping us out. e.g. We had to re-print all the menus at the last minute and Luenne turned her office into a workshop for us!

Thank you for a wonderful experience. We will be sure to call in again if we travel through Methven, and highly recommend you to everyone!

Room Tip: If travelling as a group ask for apartment- it is a home away from home, with kitchen & 2 bathro...
1  Thank Dot_Rowe

Hi Dot,

Thank you (and your family) for staying with and planning the final stages of your wedding with us.

Luenne really enjoyed helping you make some of the local arrangements, it’s a bit of a “wedding and girls” thing I think… We are always more than happy with helping guests find the true hidden gems that Methven has hidden away.

With previous responses to our clients who have written reviews for us, our focus is on value-for-money and cleanliness at the same time as trying our best to make your stay with us as easy and hassle free as possible – we are glad the we have met your expectations on this occasion.

Congratulations on your marriage and maybe we will see you again soon in Methven.

Alex and Luenne

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Alex and Luenne really make your stay a pleasant experience. They are more than happy to offer suggestions of things to do in Methven as well as taking the time to answer any questions you may have. Nothing is too much trouble and they make you feel welcome from the moment you walk in. The lodge rooms are excellent and relaxing. They are the cleanest we have ever stayed in. The ensuite is also a fantastic addition. The cats make the stay an even more pleasant one and happily greet you at the door. The best accommodation we have ever stayed in and we always look forward to going back year after year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Corinna_Maureen

Hi Corinna and Maureen,

Thank you for your great comments – I am glad that Luenne and I made your stay a pleasant one.

Our focus with our accommodation is not about being necessarily the cheapest in town, but being the best value for money in town this is why we are sure to be helpful to our guests wherever possible and making sure that the little things are available to make your stay comfortable.

One thing we will not compromise on is cleanliness. Being travellers too, the first thing we notice is if a room is not cleaned properly. The health and wellbeing of our guests is very important.

We are always looking at ways of making our accommodation options better, adding value to your stay. We have some ideas in our heads right now and we will show you next time you visit.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and I am sure we will see you soon.