“The more the merrier!”

Teppanyaki Takao
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Kaiapoi
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The only Japanese restaurant in North Canterbury, located upstairs adjacent to the main supermarket car park in Kaiapoi
Christchurch, New Zealand
“The more the merrier!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been to Teppanyaki Takao twice. First, I went there with bunch of good friends and I found it fun and yummy. Second, I went there for double date with my bff and our husbands. It was still super fun and delicious. The chef cooked in front of us and showed us some real art of Japanese cooking. It looks simple but certainly skill-full with delicious results. Seafood, red meat, white meat, fish, veggies and fried rice are all perfectly cooked. I fell in love with their prawn mayo and beef steak. Super yummy!

Be prepared for catching fried egg attraction, so much fun!

Must try this place, the more the merrier..

NZ
“ok place to have a meal”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was disappointed as I ordered the prawn for the main. It was cooked the same way as the appetiser! I would not have ordered prawns if I know its the same as appetiser.

staff were friendly and attentive. My daughter had the steak which was nicely cookedoverall ok if you skip the prawns.

2 Thank Jenjen26
Kaiapoi, New Zealand
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Went to this restaurant a couple of weeks ago. The meal is cooked in front of you and the chef has fun with his customers. I would recommend the chefs special at $42 was well worth it. The staff were ultra friendly.

Fernside, New Zealand
“Entertaining way to eat!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

A fun filled evening! The chef's are incredibly skilled at their art of cooking! The food was fantastic with plenty off choice, quite expensive overall though I thought especially for a family, the drinks were very costly especially the non alcoholic ones.
Loved the end where the chef writes on the hotplate very clever! The waiting staff are very efficient and helpful!

“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We are trying different restaurants/experiences and this didnt disappoint. Was fresh, well priced and comfortable. Will definately be frequent visitors from now on.