“Best little cinema”
Review of Geraldine Cinema

Geraldine Cinema
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Geraldine
Reviewed June 23, 2012

You have to choose your movie, but just sooo cosy and homely. A true kiwi experience.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

For a rustic experience, book a couch and go way back in time to the days of the old movie theatres. Great Fun.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

It was one of the highlights of my 3-week trip in South Island. I have to say this theatre is nothing like I've ever been. There were rows of couches with plenty of blankets and cushions so you can actually lie down, wrap yourself up with a blanket and make yourself cozy and comfortable. It was like watching a film at home but with a bigger screen. There was a break briefly halfway through the film, so you can go buy goodies or go to the loo if you need to (The ladies' room was very stylish and clean, by the way). When I go to the movies, quite often all I get is teenagers at the ticket counter who look totally bored and cannot wait to get rid of me so that they can start to talk to their workmates again. The owners of this theatre, however, were very friendly and told me some useful tips on what I should do in Geraldine. One afternoon, I was running late for the film but ordered a hot drink as I was feeling a bit chilly. Knowing the film was just about to start, the lady at the counter told me to go in and have a seat as she knew where my couch was. (You can book a couch on the phone beforehand.) She brought the tea to me five minutes later, and I was so impressed with the service. You can never ever expect that from other theatres. There are loads of stuff you can do in Geraldine, but this cinema experience is definitely unforgettable and worthwhile.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

quirky and friendly - always something different coming up - worht checking what's on. Love the disco ball

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Cheaper than the Timaru movie plex, old building with a lot of charm. Blankets available for when it gets chilly, worth a visit