“Very good value!!!!”

Hotel Mijdrecht Marickenland
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mijdrecht
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Excellent location, near to Amsterdam, beautiful place, free parking!!!!
The restaurant is very nice and all employees are very friendly.
Only one thing; please for the next time you must put a coffee maker into the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Mijdrecht after an early morning arrival at Schiphol Airport because we had to be in the Uithoorn area. There are a fair number of other choices in Hoofddorp, close to the airport but the staff at this hotel was very proactive in guaranteeing us a room for early check-in for a nominal fee, which made this the best choice in our case.

Kudo’s to the front desk staff for being proactive. I left my glasses behind and they called me to tell me they had been found and to make arrangements for me to get them back. That was definitely going the extra mile!

Location is a bit off the beaten path but for our purpose it worked great.

Facilities are modern, spacious, clean and generous size by European standards. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet. All in, an excellent choice for a very good value.

The only thing detracting from the accommodations are the decorating. Whoever did that committed a serious crime against good taste, no against ANY taste! I’ll spare you the details. Suffice it to say that it is an aesthetic nightmare in an otherwise excellent hotel. Also, some (more) light to read by would be nice.

Room Tip: Bring a decent 220 V light bulb
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Large Room was great with a terrace , large bathroom , breakfast was very good with a good choice of cold cuts , bacon and eggs etc . I was working in Amsterdam this is a great location to commute from and Vinkeveen lake is very near , enjoyed my time here except the staff don't really make you feel at home , but that's Dutch I suppose .

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We chose to stay here when visiting Amsterdam. We didn't want to stay in the city centre, this is about 20 minutes drive away. The hotel decor is great, modern, and all is very clean. I think if it had been in the centre it would cost a lot more to stay there, and that would be fair. Our room was really spacious, and had everything we needed for the night. We ate dinner in the restaurant, Meesters, and the food was good. Staff at the hotel are nice enough, though seemed more attentive to Dutch speakers. If you're after somewhere quiet to stay, you will like the area that this hotel is in. It has free parking, which is excellent if you take your car with you. Just be careful of SATNAVs, ours sent us down a road that is now a cycle path!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank xxTinker
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Very friendly and beautiful hotel. Little bit away form Amsterdam but if you don'st mind parking your car in P&R no problem with getting to the center. Breakfast was delicious and staff gets you anything you need even European socket converter!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I went to Amsterdam with my friend in November for a city break and booked a double room at Mijdrecht Hampshire for 4 days.
We checked in late in the evening and I was really pleased with what I saw. Large, open, airy room with a gorgeous bathroom which had a walk in shower and 2 separate sinks. There was a coffee machine in the room which allowed us to prepare our own drink and the staff would top it up on daily basis so we were never low on hot drinks. The room was lovely and kept clean by hotel staff.
We booked the holiday at the last minute as it was something spontaneous and we chose this place as there was nothing available closer to the city center but I am so glad we stayed here, away from all the craziness a city like Amsterdam can offer you. There is a bus, 2 minutes from the hotel, which takes you to the city center in less than 40 minutes and if you fancy eating out or having a drink locally, well there are several lovely coffee shops and restaurants to chose from.
Should I return to Amsterdam in the future I'd chose this place for sure. Thanks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent hotel, very friendly staff. It was a pity that the kitchen closed a bit early at night. The room was lovely , but very warm due to exceptional hot weather. Air conditioning would have been nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijdrecht
Apollo Hotel Vinkeveen Amsterdam
#4 of 22 in Utrecht
Grand Hotel Amstelveen
Grand Hotel Amstelveen
#1 of 6 in Amstelveen

Been to Hotel Mijdrecht Marickenland? Share your experiences!