“Ok for a small town”

Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Whitney
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Yummy sweet potato fries. Lukewarm soup and lackluster bread. Busy place so service was a bit slow but very friendly.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I stopped in at The Mad Musher for lunch when we were exploring around the town of Whitney. We were pleasantly surprised by the choices on the menu and the specials of the day we weren't sure what to expect when we stopped but...it was worth the stop! The waitress steated us in the back dinning area with windows on 3 sides to look out. My husband had a huge homemade hamburger and homemade fries and I just had the potatoe skins with cheese,green onion and bacon with a side of sour cream. You were given a large amount of food which was really good. The waitress was so nice and friendly we really enjoyed our interaction with her. The Mad Musher is a must stop in the town of Whitney.

1  Thank Patti W
Reviewed September 7, 2012

not much choice in area but not bad food and service good soup need a little maintenance on inside of restaurant

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were seated inside this little area by the river, the breezes coming in was very cooling and my bf and I enjoyed our meal. Prices were reasonable, and food awesome.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went here with my husband's cousin in search of a working wifi connection near Algonquin Park (the wifi was down in the park's visitor center). Must have had a wide outage, because it was down at this restaurant, too.

We elected to stay for dinner anyway. Glad we did - very good food, and a menu that was a real surprise - just not what I'd expect in such a small town. There were many healthy choices on the blackboard, too. I had one of the daily specials, a very delicious elkburger; cousin had a plank of tilapia that was a lovely golden brown and impressively sized. There was even a vegetarian/vegan stew on the menu - now that comes from an ambitious kitchen, I'd say. Definitely eat here when you are near the east gate of Algonquin.