We found this place by surprise, and it was a really big surprise! kindness of the staff, clean rooms (with a wonderful jacuzzi on the side of our king bed), small lake-front terrace, and a really really really great restaurant.
Dinner was awesome (and free to all guests per each night) with really great service: many young guys from the hotellerie school are the 5-star-service in the restaurant.
Breakfast as well (also free of charge) was great and lake-view, couldn't ask for more.
Outside swimming pool with open-air Jacuzzi, and a nice gym with sauna. So you can also have your tan laying on the poolside.
We rented a canoe and went around in the lake for more than 3 hours.. "TO DO LIST when you're there": Rent a canoe, go to the middle of the lake, stay still for 10 minutes and enjoy the silence! you can really get back in touch with Mother Nature.
In my opinion, absolutely best place to be in the Algonquin park, also if you're not a "couple".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney