We just returned from a 2 night getaway and as I find the trip advisor extremely helpful in determining whether I would stay at a place or not, I thought I should comment on the hotel. We stayed in the master suites and if you are looking for romantic and opulence then it is the room for you. Absolutely gorgeous! The property is lovely to hike in the woods and canoeing is a must as the lake is beautiful. The only downside is that we found the dining service well below a 5*. The food is good, the staff is friendly but it just doesn't live up to our expecation of a 5* dining room. Please bear in mind that this is our opinion and we travel quite extensively and for the price I feel we are entitled to pay for what we get. Little things are missing, such as no one pours your wine for you. Empty glasses and dirty dishes are left on your table and not cleared for the next course. Food is good but not exceptional. All in all, we did have a wonderful relaxing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney