My husband and I (ages 37 and 38) just returned from Bear Trail on the 10th of March. We were there for 3 nights; from Thursday through Sunday, and I have to say this was an amazing 3-day getaway.
We stayed in one of the Master Suites. Too many amenities in this room to list (their website lists all of it, or you can phone and front desk will tell you all about their rooms). We figured we'd spend the money and go all out for us for a change, and we were happy we did.
The service and the food were excellent for room service and for the dinning room.
The x-country skiing was fantastic, and so were the trails for snow shoeing. The equipment we rented from the ski hut was in good condition.
The resort includes breakfast and dinner, so you may like to pack some munchies or fruit for in your room in case you are hungry in the mid-afternoon. Lunch can also be ordered in the dinning room in case you need it.
The staff are extremely accommodating to any request we had.
I have absolutely no complaints - in fact, our stay was much better than we had expected!
I have been to several 5 star resorts in the Caribbean, and would have to say that I think that 3 days at Bear Trail was more enjoyable and more relaxing and more pampering than 3 days in the sunny south.
We will definitely be back next winter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney