We have just returned from our first and definitely not our last weekend at The Couple Resort in Whitney, Ontario. My wife and I had just experienced the last four months in a hyper stressed environment and needed a break. To do so, we decided to spend four days and three nights at The Couples Resort and we were not disappointed. We could not have chosen a better place for rest and recuperation.
Starting with Mary and the rest of the front office staff we were treated with great care and respect. The food was amazing and the Chefs amuse bouche each evening was delightful. The main entrees outdid the top steakhouses we have experienced. Linda and the serving staff in the restaurant were attentive and accomodated my wifes need for Gluten Free foods. Look for Derek N. in the restaurant at dinner time, he was the most attentive server we have ever experienced. It was a treat to meet the owner at breakfast as he spent time listening to guests as they talked about their experiences at The Resort.
The accommodations were wonderful. We stayed in a Jr suite which included a king size bed, two person jacuzzi, wood burning fireplace and amazing balcony that had a beautiful view of the lake. The couples relaxing massage made for a wonderful afternoon of relaxation.
We would have no reservation in recommending The Couples Resort to anyone looking for a romantic venue to rejuvenate the soul, fill the stomach and rekindle that special relationship. We are looking forward to our next visit to The Couples Resort where we once again can be spoiled by the staff, the beautiful views of rugged nature and the incredible food that kept us filled all day long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney