This place is absolutely amazing. I've been here in both the summer and the winter, and quite honestly, both seasons boast their own luxuries. We just got back from spending four days up at the resort in March, and it was snowy and beautiful. You can sign up for activities without a hassle - we did cross country skiing and snowmobiling and the resort can outfit you for all your activities should you not have all the warm and cozy gear. They also offer dog sledding and horseback riding, which we heard is a lot of fun. The rooms are gorgeous. You almost don't have to leave your room to enjoy this place. Luckily the food is so good (breakfast and dinner included) that you are motivated to actually leave your room! They let you bring your drinks or an open bottle of wine from dinner back to your room, or offer you to bring your dessert back to your room should you wish to retire to your hot tub a little earlier than expected. This place has it right - luxury without pretension, staff that is easy going and genuinely the nicest people we've ever met, and the food is superb. Don't look anywhere else. This place is it! And we are from snobby Toronto...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney