Just returned from a 2-night stay for our 27th Anniversary. It was our 2nd time to this resort. We had a lovely time, relaxing of course, but have some comments to make it better.
Rooms: Lovely, spacious rooms. We stayed in the Masters Suites- it is very spacious with lovely room furniture, very comfortable King sized Bed, Nice shower, fireplace, comfy couch and best of all-a private hot tub on the deck. There is a whirlpool tub in your room, but who really uses this with the hot tub on the deck?
Food: We found the food excellent, and plenty of it. Breakfast and dinner is included in your stay. We did not have lunch as had a late breakfast and no need of lunch.
Service: Always accomodating. Wait staff very pleasant and effecient.
Spa: We had a couples massage. This was lovely. As a past guest, we were given a free massage and June special was 50% off for the 2nd one.
Travel time: June I guess is less busy, so they had some specials. I believe our room was 50% off, so we felt we got a really good deal. It was $645 for 2 nights. Great deal! If you can travel at this time, you will get a good deal.
Grounds: The curb appeal of the resort is not that great. It would have been nicer is more private. The rooms overlook a small lake, which looks onto cottages on the other side. With the hot tubs on the deck, there isnt much privacy. There are some nice walking trails. There isnt much landscaping.
Rooms: The extra cost for coffee/tea in room is excessive, since you pay a good fee for your room. They should leave 4 pods(coffee/tea/hot choc) each night per room, free of charge...that would be nice. They should put up lattice in front of hot tub for more privacy, leave half open.
Pools/Hot Tub: Come on people...there are only adults coming to this resort. Why do you feel the need to close the pool and 5pm? You even lock the gates to ensure no-one gets in. ridiculous, really! It should be left open till at least 11 pm.
Sports Centre: Again, closes at 5pm...so no bikes, boats, sporting equipment. We are Adults...please get with the program here and offer these to us until 11 pm.
There appears to be lots of honeymooners that come here. The staff are all very friendly and accomodating. It could be much better if they revise the CONS as listed above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney