We stayed at the Couples resort March 27 and 28th, 2011 in the Master Junior Suites and it was great as always, we love going there to get away and relax. The only problem we had was the room service food, breakfast we didn't get everything we ordered and the omelet was good by by the time I got my maple surup for my french toast it was very cold (and wasn't almond encrusted as says on menu). For supper (room service) food was cold and my husband order a steak med. well but got a very rare steak and could not eat. We didn't say anything at the time but when we were leaving I told the front desk staff and she really didn't seem to care and said I should have told the kitchen that night. We did had a great meal the night we arrived in the rest. and I guess that is the secret. I feel that the resort was much better before they became a 5 star (I know the food was much better). We will probably go back again because we like the rooms and the peace and quiet, the real fireplace and your own hot tub. Hopefully they can improve on their room service food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. Quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 48 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River,with Algonquin Park as our backyard. . We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking. Those of needing to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney