Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Authentic and unique adventures!

If you’re looking for something a little off the beaten track and a taste of real Peruvian Amazon... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Colleen B
Victoria, Canada
via mobile
Unforgetalbe Adventures!

We wanted to discover the jungle of Peru and semehow stumbled upon Daniel's tour agency and we were... read more

Reviewed October 13, 2018
GuillaumeG1850

All reviews san roque cultural experience cacao plantation delicious lunch highly recommend daniel artisan chocolate speaks fluent off the beaten track local museum local guide local family the river culture ceramics clay magico translation
Reviewed September 28, 2017

Daniel offers a unique experience that can be adapted to the individual, like branches of a tree. Some people travel to Peru to experience the essence of jungle culture, eco-living, visit remote indigenous villages... Others are on a deeper search into the jungles of themselves. I was lucky enough to experience 4 days of divine waterfalls, organic cacao plantations, medicinal plant walks, ancient basket weaving, clay pot sculpting, traditional amazonian food, and endless conversations... Time disappears when your on a Sacharuna Adventure. You'll receive so much more than your expectations! Vamos!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed September 27, 2017

I had an amazing two day hike with Daniel through the jungle to one of the most magnificent waterfalls ever! The hike was one of the most difficult things I have ever done and yet one of the most awe inspiring and magical! I even faced, for the first and I hope for the last time my fear of heights! Throughout it all, Daniel was a patient and loving guide. He is totally devoted the area - both the people and the nature, his love of it is infectious! I will always remember that trip!

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Daniel is an excellent guide. He knows so much about the area, is friendly, funny and a joy to explore the area with. We have taken the tour to the Huacamillo waterfall two times now, it's a wonderful walk with so much beauty to see and a magical waterfall to swim in at the end. Daniel arranges for a traditional picnic lunch for when you arrive there which is such a treat. I can't recommend these tours enough and Daniel is the guide to help you out !

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Daniel took me to the Río Bosque Magico Cacao project in Chazuta and I loved it! We visited the plantation, learned more about cacao and medical plants, had a delicious lunch, made chocolate, and tried a lot of it. The lovely family, who runs the project, is very hospitable and knows a lot about plants and cooking. Daniel is a friendly tour guide, who speaks English fluently.

Date of experience: March 2017
Management response:Responded March 30, 2017

Thank you Gianna, was a pleasure to have with us in this delicious experience.
Please spread the word

Reviewed March 28, 2017

Daniel created a custom itinerary for my visit to Chazuta based on my interest in visiting and learning from the organic cacao farmers in the area. I knew the region produces a lot of cacao, but without his connections, guidance, and translation (!) there is no way I could have ever embarked on a journey so rich and fulfilling as this one. It is obvious how respected he is in the community - everywhere we went, people welcomed him like genuine family...and then extended that welcome to me. To come across someone so sincerely passionate about what they do is rare. I feel beyond fortunate to have found Sacharuna! And I know what I saw was just the tip of the iceberg of what they offer - hopefully in the future I'll be able to go back to experience more of the hiking and local craft options!

Date of experience: March 2017