“A little pricey”

Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Alberton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Good seafood, but a little pricey. You can't beat the view on the tip of North Cape.

1  Thank Sally60763

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We visited this restaurant on 4 September 2011 with our grandson. As soon as we arrived, our reservation was waiting and we were met by friendly staff. Our table overlooked the water and the view was outstanding.

Our server was friendly and helpful and gave us information about the choices on the menu. My husband & I had the pan fried halibut. He is very fussy when it comes to how fish is cooked, and he was completely satisfied and so was I. Our grandson chose a steak, medium rare, and he was very pleased with his meal.

We have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant!

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I am an islander and live in Ontario. We go home every summer and have a nice dinner with as many family members as possible. I can honestly say that everything, except for the seafood crepes, were marvelous. Pan fried fish of any kind cant be beat. Muscles and oysters were fresh and meaty. It was a marvelous experience from the fresh hot bun served at the beginning to the hot fudge covered cheesecake for dessert. The service was excellent and each of the waitresses we interacted with had a quick smile and a wonderful way of delivering our meals in a quick and friendly way.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I had Haddock and my wife had a lobster roll. My haddock was very good and my wifes lobster roll was very good but slightly on the small side. We had a seat by the window overlooking the ocean. The views are fantastic. Overall we were very pleased and would go there again.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

Being from a large urban city, I was relishing the idea of eating seafood in PEI.

The best thing about this restaurant was the oysters. I love oysters. My wife HATES oysters.

We ordered the oysters plain and my wife tried one and actually like it. Why? Because it was fresh! It didn't have any of that "old" smell or taste to it. If you don't like oysters, try them here, they just might win you over.

It was reasonable priced too, if I remember correctly, 6 Large ones for $9 or $10. I was hoping to get the same size and quality at Dundee Arms' restaurant in Charlottetown but they were small and more expensive, they didn't taste as fresh either. Have your oysters at Wind & Reef.

My wife had the seafood crepe which was okay.

I really wish I had ordered more oysters. I thought that the quality would be equal across PEI but it was not.

The restaurant did seem to have issues with flies, but for the most part they left us alone. We had a late lunch there and it was almost completely empty. Nice views and friendly staff.