“Quality foo, service and fantastic view”
Review of Konoba Lanterna

Konoba Lanterna
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Mlini
Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant in the center of Mlini located directly by the seaside
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Your Host is Evo a happy and thoughtful person.
Having visited five years previous we wanted to try this beautifully located restaurant again.
There is a great menu and we shared mussels in a wine sauce to start, one portion is really big enough for two to share, then we ordered the grilled sea bream with vegetables. This was really tasty and we cleared our plates washed down with a carafe of white wine and water of course.
Desert was tiramisu,a light and fluffy delight.
We really enjoyed our evening with a most genial host Evo, our bill was under €60 so we had Quality,value and beautiful sea view.
We returned again a few days later with the same satisfying result

Reviewed August 8, 2017

We dined for lunch four days during our seven day stay in Mlini.

We ate a range of food and can honestly say that absolutely everything was delicious. I particularly loved the cold seafood platter and the wife raved about the spaghetti with shrimps. One day she had the mussels and I am not exaggerating when I say that the portion size she received was enough to feed two or three people.

I would definitely recommend you trying to get a table by the window - it is magical to watch the world go by in such picturesque spot.

Konoba Lanterna is definitely recommended and by a country mile is the best place to eat in Mlini.

Date of visit: July 2017
3  Thank AlbieH1964
Reviewed August 5, 2017

Had a great meal for 10 people. Booked in advance by email which worked really well - and seemed very busy at peak evening time (19.00-21.00) so def worth doing that. Service was really good and the house red was fine (owner let us taste before we ordered a litre). He also let us ordered for the kids from the lunch menu which worked for us. All 10 of us very happy with everything. Would def recommend over other restaurants in Mlini. Short distance to water polo pitch for some extra relaxing after the meal.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Konoba lanterna is one of the best in Mlini. The restaurant is not so big so I suggest to book the table. Good food either fish and meat, Nice people. Good and not expensive white local wine. Cheap (comparing with similar italian family restaurant) and considering location and food quality too.

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is located in the harbour overlooking the bay, it really is a perfect location.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating, providing a helpful explanation to the menu and produce. Make sure you book in advance, this is a small yet popular place.

The owner of my accommodation recommended that I try the local dish of cuttlefish black risotto. This is a risotto dish made with cuttlefish and cuttlefish ink so it has an interesting black colour. I ordered it and I was not disappointed, definitely the best risotto I have ever eaten. Do not let it's appearance put you off, it is truly delicious.

I also tried the Lanterna fish platter which, again, was pretty amazing. All the fish and sea food was fresh, well prepared and tasty.

Go and try it for yourself and then move into the many local bars or the cool and chilled Cafe Bar Gusa which is two minutes walk.