4,902 results
All reviews animation team pool area shopping centre sea view lobby bar half board lovely hotel evening shows aqua gym plenty of sunbeds plenty of choice fidelity card reception staff main restaurant courtesy room small shopping games room
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay. The staff were helpful and friendly. Great choice of food in the restaurant, all excellently prepared. The hotel is well positioned on the sea front and it’s a pleasant short walk along the promenade to the Marina. Our best all inclusive experience so far. Would definitely recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank paulbY5329IS
ELBACARLOTA, Director General at Elba Carlota Beach and Convention Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2019

Dear paulbY5329IS,

Thank you very much for your comments and score.

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our location, our staff and all in all our hotel facilities.

It is a pleasure to read you are satisfied with your stay among us and that we have reached your expectations with our job and service. Thank you for recommending us.

We are looking forward to having you once again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

Arrived on NY eve to a glass of bubbly and warm welcome by the female receptionist ..thought great this is a good start ...that is where it all went down hill! Checked into our room which was the dark and shady part of the hotel...i am talking in the day we needed all the lamps on to see anything !when i spoke to a male on reception and asked can we have another room i was quite rudely told no there fully booked for NY..however when i searched on trip advisor over 15 rooms still available.
So having waited 24 hours to unpack then on NY day had to cart all our luggage with no help to another room which was thankfully better ! Next issue went to the bar NY night to get a drink to be told sorry no cash at any bars ....okay so how do we get a drink?went to reception to open a account sorry cant open a account without a credit card even though i offered a Debt card with money on ..so NY night my mum had cash me money and couldn't get a drink at the bar some lovely bar women decided yo turn her back on me when i was trying to explain about accounts and cards ! This went on for 11 days so please do not go to this hotel if your not AI as they do not cater for HB or BB which they offer.
Next issue on jan 5th 2019 goes to the garden areas to sunbath with my friend as you have a lovely view of the sea ..left my friend around the beds with my bag came back no bag!!!!someone had jumped over the ridiculously small fence snook up behind my friend and pinched my bag the whole contents card driving licence passport...i was in shock !fair enough the manager assisted in calling the police but that is all they did do !no help to get me to tje police station which was a 60 euro round trip no compensation for having it pinched in there premises nothing !this was the icing on the cake for me along with the fact the entertainemnt apart from the cabaret was rubbish the staff were rude apart from a lovely girl in restaurant and the lack of assertive management made this holiday a disaster ruined my entire NY and cost me a extra 300 euros.
Oh and for anyone this happens to please read carefully !!!! I was miss informed by the hotel and the police that if i go to the station and get a crime report and a copy of my passport i could travel home ...trust me they said we have 1000s of holiday makers ...what they didnt know is i worked at thomson airways for 5 years on the travel department. That is mot the case im afraid you cannot travel without a passport !!!no airline will allow you ...i had to contact the embassy after trekking to police stations send documemts over which fortunatly im good at IT because if you wasnt you would be in trpuble and pay 100 euro for a temp passport thats without a courier service from gran canaria to the hotel to get my passport to me !all in all a disaster holiday and clueless managememt at the hotel big complaints will be going to head office .

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Erica_1234-12z

Dear Erica_1234-12z,

On behalf of all the staff at Elba Carlota we would like to thank you for taking some minutes of your time to share your personal experience with other guests.

I do apologize if the hotel didn't match your expectations or if the service given by us wasn't of your liking.

We do have a policy about payments at the bars or restaurants that it is explained at reception by our staff, most of our guests open accounts (even with cash) and they don't have to worry about money while at the pool, bars, etc... Even if any guest didn't want to open an account you could always pay with card at the bars or in cash at reception. We are sorry if we didn't explained this to you properly.

I am glad to let you know that during NY eve all the drinks at the NY eve party were free to all the guests of the hotel as if all of them were in AI basis. This is something the management started some years ago in order to "help" guests to enjoy NY eve.

We are sorry aswell for the issue about your belongings. We do have a fence high enough to avoid strange people from the hotel, but of course this fence is not the same than the ones we could find in security places as this is a holiday place.
We do invite to all of our guests to look after their personal belongings. All of our rooms do have safes where most of our guests keep their documents (passports, credit cards, etc...) as a matter of security.

The hotel did the procedure when a guest inform us that something is missed from them or from their room, call the police and in the case they have to go to Puerto del Rosario we do pay the taxi to the police station and back as a courtesy for the inconvenience.

We could not take responsability about the issue with the police and the passport to travel as this is something appart from the hotel.

We take note of your comments and will try to made it better for next NY eve.

Sunny Regards,

Miguel Angel Sánchez

Reviewed January 14, 2019

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in January 2019.
Pros:
Well-established large hotel
Good for families and has activities for kids
Right beside the coast and beach
Large room with superking size bed
Room includes fridge, TV, tea and coffee making facilities, rail on balcony for drying clothes
Room has a bath and overhanging shower
Plenty to eat at breakfast in terms of quantity
Free parking on site - it was quiet in January with plenty of spaces, I imagine it could get crowded in summer
Good wifi - enough to stream movies.
A bus ride to the airport (line 3, costing $1.45) so very convenient
Near the airport but there are hardly any night flights so you don't get disturbed
Games room (but costs money to play the games via coin-slots)
Supermarket right next door in the shopping centre so you can buy drinks
They print your boarding passes for free

Cons:
- Room was poorly ventilated and muggy, AC barely worked
- Tiny ants present in room every day (and this was January)
- Sheets were not changed once during our entire stay
- Maids gave us the incorrect number of towels on a daily basis despite us asking if this could be rectified several times - made us wonder if there is a shortage of towels in the hotel
- Quality of the food in the buffet is generally poor and not nutritious, except the bread
- There are some options for vegetarians but these are generally unhealthy and poorly prepared, with some food such as chicken being listed as vegetarian
- The evening entertainment consists of singers/musicians but inevitably turns into a raucous British pub-type atmosphere with people drinking too much

In summary this is a reasonable hotel to stay at if you're looking for a convenient hotel near the airport which has all the usual standard facilities. We got a cheapish deal so it was worthwhile. But I wouldn't pay more than around £80 as anything higher is not value for money. I would echo previous comments about this not being a 4 star hotel, there were lots of niggling/annoying things which you can put up with - but why should you when you've paid for a decent hotel? We'd probably choose a different hotel if we were visiting again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bg1055
ELBACARLOTA, Director General at Elba Carlota Beach and Convention Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Dear bg1055,

Thank you very much for your comments and score.

I regret that I could not meet your expectations.
We always try to help our clients with the problems and inconveniences they have during their stay trying to solve them as quickly as possible.

We take note of your comments so that we can activate the appropriate measures that help us improve and thus guarantee a higher quality service.

I hope you can come back again in the future and so we would change your opinion.

Receive my best regards,

Miguel Angel Sánchez

Reviewed January 14, 2019

a lovely week, the hotel staff were friendly and would just like to thank the manager for keeping his staff motivated as an over all experience it was probably one of the best hotels I have been to weather was great which always helps food was of an above standard for an all inclusive hotel and I didn't have to fight for a sunbed in the morning, don't know what it would be like in the height of summer though has the pool area is of an ok size but not the biggest in the world but you do have a lovely little beach right outside your front door. Nice for a little walk in the morning as everything is flat around the hotel with a little shopping centre on your doorstep. About a 15 minute gentle walk is the nearest little town with its own bigger beach and more shops and bars and the normal restaurants and bill and ben which my little girl named the two camels that are on the beach for camel rides overall I would put this in your list of maybes if its in your budget range a really nice little place to visit!! one more thing you are close to the airport so you do have the planes over head but they do not run at night

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear steveharvey48,

Thank you very much for your comments and score.

We are looking forward to having you once again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2019

Spent a week here 2 nd to 9 th January. Purpose of our trip was golfing with a bit of R n R. Location was ideal. 10 mins taxi from airport. 5 min taxi to Fuerteventura golf course and las Salinas golf course. Both approx 5 euro with tip. Courtesy bus provided to and from Fuerteventura GC but times didn't suit us, hence taxi. Taxis came within minutes too so spot on.
All inclusive was as good as I've had in any similar hotel, excellent choices of food and drinks . Bar and restaurant staff all hard working and very helpful.
Large Pool area and gardens well maintained and plenty of sunbeds and quiet spots in the landscaped areas to sit to suit everyone. 2 big pools of which one was heated and a children's pool.
Anyone complaining about this hotel really needs to get a life. Overall a very good 4* hotel in the canaries.
To boot weather could not have been better sunshine and no wind. Perfect.

Room tip: Higher up so as to get sun in an evening
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
ELBACARLOTA, Director General at Elba Carlota Beach and Convention Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2019

Dear mickmackem,

Thank you very much for your comments and score.

We are pleased to know you have enjoyed our hotel facilities and location. It is also a proud to read you have loved All Inclusive choice and, above all, our bar and restaurant staff.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon in orde to reach once again your expectations with our job and service.

Receive a warm greeting,