4,905 results
All reviews animation team pool area shopping centre sea view lobby bar half board lovely hotel evening shows aqua gym plenty of sunbeds plenty of choice fidelity card reception staff main restaurant courtesy room small shopping games room
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2018

We stayed here in Aug for a week, there was four adults and a child.
The hotel is lovely, walk through the beautiful gardens and out the gate and you were on a the most beautiful beach, even though it was Aug it was never really busy, a couple of minutes walk to a little mall and about twenty mins walk into town.
The rooms were a good size, clean, tidy and had wifi and a small fridge.
The food was good, a reasonable choice and always had a child friendly option.
I have food allergies to nuts, coconut and gluten and some of the staff were very accommodating, wykeham (one of the restaurant managers) in particular looked after me, he most evenings got something made for me, pizzas, chips, pasta, it was great to not have to just eat salad for the week. They did have signs above the food With allergy advise however I did find it difficult to trust if they were labelled correctly as quite a few things I'd been told not to eat were labbled as if I could, this could of made me very ill so I checked all the time. This is definitely needs sorting as it could make guests very ill if they rely on them. However the managers were very helpful when asked.Also at breakfast they had a small gluten free area, consisting of some cereals, bread, croissants and biscuits, these were in baskets, however I would of preferred them left in packaging so I could check the ingredients were suitable for me.
The bars had ques sometimes but you never waited long, considering it was Aug it was better than I expected, they also served some branded drinks on the all inc like Jim beam and martini which was definitely a bonus.
The animation team were brilliant, they worked very hard and always went out of there way to include everyone! My daughters never wanted to go to the kids club and we have never made her, so it was a great surprise after talking to llona that she wanted to go. llona was brilliant with the kids, my daughter loved her and couldn't wait to go to the kids club every time it was on, I got to sit on a sunbed and read which is a rare thing on holiday with a child and my daughter loved all the fun stuff they did, win win. We also enjoyed the disco and entertainment by the pool at night.
All in all great holiday, thanks to all the staff that worked so hard. Already looking at returning next year.

Room tip: Side sea view or sea view rooms.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lyns-H-M
ELBACARLOTA, Director General at Elba Carlota Beach and Convention Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Dear Lyns-H-M,

Thank you very much for your comments and score.

We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay among us and we have reached your expectations with our job and service.

We take note about some issues as one of our interests is receive the feed back from our guests in order to improve and get better day by day.

I really thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to seeing you soon once again. Receive pur best regards.

Miguel Angel Sánchez

11/10/18

Review of Elba Carlota Hotel, Fuerteventura – Four Star ****

Annual Hotel Expert Assessment/ Review

Just returned (October 10th 2018) from a ten day holiday at the Elba Carlota Hotel, Costa Caleta, Fuerteventura, and can report the good news that Director/Manager Miguel Sanchez and his professional team there have certainly set a high standard of excellent holiday experiences for the British Holiday-maker.

Food: Enjoying a hearty breakfast, my wife and I were treated to an inspiring range of culinary options: fried/boiled/scrambled eggs, bacon, with baked beans, black-puddings, all served hot, were a treat; as were the excellent omelettes to order, cold meats, chilled fruits, and toast. A varied range of chilled fruit smoothies were on offer daily, awakening the diner’s taste-buds to all else to come. Well done, Elba Carlota chefs!

Variety: Eating dinner (between 6.30 and 10pm) every night on a recommended Half Board regime, guests were presented with a very high quality and diversified regime of fare. There is now, in 2018, something creative and appetising about Elba Carlota dinner meals that makes the guest look forward to dinner-times with gastric anticipation. Our compliments to the various chefs and restaurant staff under Mr Sanchez’s professional direction, for the creative salads and dressings; the variety and quality of meats/fish meals; the freshness of fruit and dessert cakes. Well done all concerned with cooking, visual presentation; and the hard-working, diligent waiting staff, which included our smiling waitress, Osi from Nigeria, a very real asset to the hotel!

Rooms: My wife and I had booked a double room with a side view of the sea, and we were graciously given that, on the fourth floor, and more, a full balcony view of two of the hotel’s swimming pools!

Elba Carlota rooms are quite comfortable, spacious, and, in spite of the walls being a tiny bit thin, quiet, and affording a good night's sleep.
On one occasion only, I had to phone the Reception in order to report a small leak in the shower-head which was wetting the bathroom floor. However, a maintenance man was sent up immediately to change the shower-head, and all was well as a result. Good work again, Management/Receptionist Staff – especially Asia, a most professional Hotel Receptionist!
The Air Con: The Air-conditioning unit in room 451 worked really well, no doubt also giving vital comfort to all guests at the Hotel venue.

Safety Box: A safety-deposit box can be hired for 3 Euros per day; also hotel towels for use at the pools, for a deposit which is returned at check-out time.

Entertainment: Entertainment at the Elba Carlota, Cost Caleta (Caleta de Fust) was of the highest standard, not only the acts brought in to the hotel, but the Hotel Animacion Team excelled in what they did daily.

Two major evening entertainment shows performed by the Hotel Animacion Team need SPECIAL MENTION: Mama Meia, and The Lion King. The performances of Wale’s own Ilona, Poland’s Angelika, and Spain’s Beatriz, not mentioning Alaska’s Martin – were so professionally done and with such impeccable commitment, my wife and I thought we had somehow ventured into London’s famous West End Shows! Well done, little Team, you deserve some high praise! Keep up the good work!

Stars of the Holiday Venue: The waiters, Room-cleaners (especially Vanessa!), and Reception Staff continue to be the consistent stars of Spanish holiday venues - the Restaurant Staff at the door, especially the young Spanish woman, were cheerful and polite – and production of guests Hotel Cards denoting what regime they are staying under - B.B.; Half Board; Full Board; All Inclusive, etc. is still, normally, strictly maintained. I applaud the Elba Carlota’s adherence to a strict dress code for evening meals, which tends to lift the standards of any four star plus hotel for most guests. Again, good direction, Mr Sanchez!

English Church Services: As a committed Evangelical Christian, as well as a TripAdvisor Inc. Hotel Expert Reviewer - I was thrilled to learn that the Elba Carlota Hotel, Costa Caleta, Fuerteventura played host to a formal Sunday Service for worshipping Christians, every Sunday morning at 11am! So often neglected by holiday venues, this facilitation of an Evangelical Christian Sunday Service, was a very real plus to my wife and I, and to many others who attended the well-advertised and attended Protestant meeting. Well done, Elba Hotels!

Recommendation: Would I return to the Elba Carlota Hotel, Fuerteventura? Yes, I most definitely would, and would fully recommend the Elba Carlota Hotel experience to all of my 81,000 plus TripAdvisor Inc. Holiday Readership. All in all, this high-quality and great value holiday venue, has set the bar high in professional standards, cleanliness, and a friendly holiday atmosphere of safe and secure family vacation. Well done, Hotel Director/Manager Sanchez! Well done Staff at the Elba Carlota Hotel, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands!

Stayed & Reviewed/Assessed: October 2018

2  Thank Fatherandhusband
ELBACARLOTA, Director General at Elba Carlota Beach and Convention Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear Fatherandhusband,

Firstly, thank you for your detailed feedback about your experience with us and for the fact that you would recommend us.

We are glad to hear that the food was to your liking, as well as the animation shows, the Evangelical Christian Sunday service, the room and cleanliness, but above all, our staff.

It is a pleasure to read comments like yours, and make us very happy to know that we have made you feel at home during your holidays.

Thanks for the recognition of a well done job from our staff and for remembering their names, we also remember you.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon to make another unforgettable stay.

With my best greetings and regards,

Miguel Angel Sánchez

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Pros: Large room, sea view, pool complex, easy access to beach and sea, very friendly staff
Cons: Given the wrong code for safe on arrival, quickly sorted; patio door broken but fixed quickly; Holes in towels; drinks prices varied in different parts of the hotel; towels left on sunbeds all day and staff walked past and did nothing about it; many men in shorts in the dining room for evening meal (policy is long trousers, duty manager stood by and watched and did nothing); the use of overpowering, almost asthma inducing air fresheners in reception areas; short staffed at times; no half board plus option so did not even get soft drinks or water with half board; food was average and monotonous; would not rush to return here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear RecentlyRetired2017,

Thank you for taking your time with this feedback. It is very useful for us to know our strengths, but also our weaknesses.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel for the inconveniences not solved in time.

We take note about these issues as one of our interests is to improve the service given and get better day by day.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Miguel Ángel Sánchez

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Room tip: fix the locked on balcony door's
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Just got back from a week in the 4* elba. 27 degrees everyday very nice clean room with aircon got bumped to AI from HB as our room was overbooked by 1 day. Stayed in the Sara for 1st night very nice nextdoor 4* but preferred the elba. Very chilled place relaxed gated resort felt safe. Happy song played by pool everyday with staff dancing around was great fun joining in lol. walked along the beach everyday just beautiful plants and views and so quiet.Shops next door very handy. We ate very well all week nice food selections the staff were very nice.Loverly place to chill for a week we booked again for next April 2019. ☺

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank pig a

Dear MrandMrsBungle,

Thank you very much for your comment and your score.

We like to know that you have felt safe and relaxed in Elba Carlota. Our mission is to make you feel at home as well as taking care of you.

It is a pleasure to read you are satisfied with the Animation team, the food and our location

We are more than happy with you next visit in April 2019.

Best regards,