4,893 results
All reviews animation team pool area shopping centre sea view lobby bar half board lovely hotel evening shows aqua gym plenty of sunbeds plenty of choice fidelity card reception staff main restaurant small shopping courtesy room games room
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2018

Really good looking Hotel let down by rooms that were not clean enough with dusty floors and dusty headboard top, bar and restaurant employees genuinely understaffed and over worked to a point where service quality compromised on many occasions,bar staff keen to see you leave at 11pm by switching lights off and removing seat cushions lack of food/snacks in between breakfast lunch and dinner, very dirty patio tiles that needed a scrub, broken steps into pool, pool itself had too much debris from trees etc, food was a real mish mash of over cooked and over boiled items. Broken gym equipment and no ventilation, the lifts were never cleaned so filthy glass all the way round and broken rails in both. Good weather and good location, easy to get to but for me service means allot as well as hygiene

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Danny S
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from our 3rd visit to the Elba Carlotta hotel and it was most definitely our best stay yet.

We travelled as a family of 3, 2 adults and our 6 year old daughter. We had emailed prior to our trip to request a 2nd floor room as we had one last year and found it had a great view and was easy to access. On arrival we were greeted like old friends! The reception staff were so welcoming and we were booked in within a matter of minutes.

As requested, we were given a 2nd floor room but we were over the moon when we realised the room was a corner room with an extra large balcony overlooking 2 of the pools and the sea! It was more like a suite!

The food is exactly what you'd expect from a 4* all inclusive. It's fresh and tasty and there is enough choice at each meal. We never actually had a lunch inside the main restaurant this year as our daughter was never out of the pool long enough!

What sets this hotel apart and what made this such a great holiday are the staff. The reception staff, the waiters and waitresses,and the cleaning staff were all so friendly. Paula in the pool bar is awesome. She clearly loves her job and she pours the best measures!

The animation team are incredible and a credit to the hotel. Our daughter never went to mini club as she stayed in the pool all day, however the team always made such a fuss of her whenever they saw her. She loved mini disco as it gave her the chance to parade around on stage for half an hour! I'm normally a bit cynical about cabaret style entertainment but; the lion king show was brilliant and you can just see how hard they all work to make sure people have a good holiday. The 'music is the future' show was a great laugh too and it had us singing and clapping all evening.

My husband and I normally keep ourselves to ourselves on holiday but we ended up doing activities such as aqua gym and water polo everyday! Martin and Lienel are fantastic and work so hard to make sure people are happy. The best night was the white party (Sunday). It was a great atmosphere and well worth attending.

We were genuinely sad to leave after a week, so much so I was lying on the lounger on the last day searching the internet for next years' holiday!

Trip type: Traveled with family
ELBACARLOTA, Director General at Elba Carlota Beach and Convention Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Dear Girlafraidx,

Thank you very much for your comments and score.

It is really good to read that you have enjoyed our food, our service and all in all our hotel facilities.

We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay among us and we have reached your expectations with our job and service.

With my best regards.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Just returned yesterday from a week's break at this hotel and must highly recommend it. We were two adults plus a 9 year old and there was something for us all at the Elba Carlota.

It was very easy to relax here with a great pool area and bar. Lots of loungers and shady places to sit for lunch. The pool was popular but never felt overcrowded. I wanted to be lazy and read a stack of books, but one day I did get involved in the paddleboarding with my daughter and it was great fun! She and my partner also took part in the "olympics" organised by the Animation team and had a good time joining in. On one day there was an inflatable slide in the pool which was a fun added extra and I think my daughter spent most of the day on it! All in all you can be as chilled or as energetic as you choose here. At regular intervals the Animation Team appear poolside and perform the hotel dance routine and song - it's very catchy, we were humming it in no time!

There is a lovely safe beach just outside the beautiful hotel gardens. We spent a day there and enjoyed the sand and the swimming. You can see fish and crabs really near the shore and it's perfect for building sandcastles ;-)

The buffet food was often really good. They had thought to cater for everyone, with special extras for vegetarians, kids and gluten free. The crusty bread, cheese and olives were my go-to buffet staples, but there was a chance to try traditional Spanish dishes (the paella was amazing) and sushi and squid. The waiting staff were very kind and helpful. The indoor dining area is spacious and air conditioned, but the smaller patio area was our favourite because it overlooked the lovely gardens.

My 9 year old LOVED the mini disco, which was on every night after dinner. She learned songs in Spanish and German as well as English and the Animation team lead all the kids through the dance moves (tip: sometimes the adults get dragged in too - hide in the back row! Just kidding!) Pepe the bug mascot makes an appearance every night (and round the pool every day) and whoever is under there must be boiling but the kids love it.

I don't especially care one way or the other for evening entertainment, but this deserves a special mention here. The Animation team, despite an average age of probably 19, put on really good shows that are entertaining and well thought out. Don't miss their Music is the Future show - I was singing along and having hysterics, whilst also wondering how on earth they remember all those dance moves. They are a talented bunch and they look as though they are really enjoying themselves. The hotel also organise live bands and musicians. There's a nice variety of stuff.

The Animation Team also appear in all sorts of places round the hotel and just chat to you/your kids. They want to promote their entertainment shows and activities but they are also just super nice and especially great at making the children feel welcome. My daughter loved Leniel and he always made a point of coming over and giving her a high five whenever he saw her. Tatiana, Martin, Beatriz and Charlie were all very friendly and enthusiastic. Although we didn't use the mini club I heard good things about it and it looked like fun.

One word of caution about Fuerteventura: put on your factor 50! It feels so pleasant in the breeze but the sun is strong and you will burn. Take lots of sunscreen with you as it's expensive to buy there.

The hotel was lovely and clean and the beds were especially comfortable. Our room was really quiet - it's so near the airport that planes go over every few minutes but we didn't hear a thing in our room. The bathrooms especially do look a bit shabby but they are kept clean so it didn't matter at all.

A day trip to the AquaPark in Caralejo was well worth the effort and although it wasn't cheap it was a memorable day out.

All in all, I would really recommend this to families looking for something to please everyone. One final tip: the photographers loitering around the pool take amazing pictures. I don't normally go in for really posey stuff but they took about a dozen beautiful snaps of my daughter which I will treasure forever!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kirsty C

Dear Kirsty C,

Thank you very much for all your comments and score.

We are always proud of reading opinions like yours which help us at the same time to carry on working with the same goal of making the most enjoyable stay to all our guests.

Looking forward to seeing you soon among us once again, receive meanwhile our best regards.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a two week holiday which was amazing.
Our 10 year old loved everything about the hotel and he joined in with all of the sports that were on offer. The animation team are what make this holiday so special and their energy and enthusiasm is captivating. Lenny in particular is the stand out star for me and he made Leo’s holiday into a memorable one. He is full of fun and Leo

The animation team are what make this a stand out hotel.
Just returned from a 2 week holiday , family of 3.

The animation team make this hotel amazing .

Lenny is the star for me and my son loved interacting with him. He is great with the kids and he really took a shine to Leo and he included him in all of the sports. Really funny guy. Martin , Tatiana and Charlie are also great .

The hotel is beautiful, rooms spacious , we were in 306 and our air con was great . The beds are huge and very comfortable.

Great pools.

The hotel is great for families and if you engage with the animation team you will have a fun holiday.

Food was good , always something to choose from and we enjoyed meal times. Not the best food that I have had at an all inclusive , but very nice.

The pool bar is nice , the staff there are fun and always happy to chat. Ice creams available all day and there are ice lollies too . There is always a good selection of salad at the snack bar for those that don’t want to fill up on burgers and chips. Hot drinks readily available and the area is kept clean.

Ample Sunbeds around the pool, although we did get up about 6.30 to reserve 3 as if you left it until
after 7.30 then you had no change of getting an umbrella and we needed one bed in the shade.

The evening entertainment is fab, the external acts are ok, the shows that the animation team put on are much better and we enjoyed watching them most nights. Martin has a stunning voice so if you are lucky enough to hear him sing , you are in for a real treat.

Location wise , for us , it was perfect as we like to walk along the sea front . We spent a lot of time at the marina which is about a 25 min walk from the hotel. If you don’t want to walk, a taxi is cheap or you can take the land train which is 2e. Plenty to do in the resort if you are looking for a nice relaxed family holiday . If you like noise , madness or late night partying , then this resort is not for you. All of the people we met were lovely and really helpful.

I don’t have anything negative to say about this hotel and I would certainly return. 10/10 for us .

The animation team are amazing .... thank you for making Leo’s holiday magical.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear annette698,

Thank you very much for your score. Thanks as well for the opinions and comments about the hotel, the service, the food and specially about our staff.

It is a proud to read opinons like yours as a result of a well done job from us. These motivate us to carry on working in the same line and goal.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon. With our best greetings and regards.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

We arrived at the hotel on Wednesday 15 august at 1.30 in the afternoon. We went to check in but the room was not ready nearly 3.00. They said we could use everything and even go for dinner. when we got in the room it was very clean to a high standard. My husband and I went for a walk to see where everything was and what we could do while staying here. we went to the restaurant to get some food. There was plenty of choice to choose from.
There was lots of shows to watch to things to do a round the pool side for children and adults. The Entertainment team was very helful to everyone.
my husband I enjoyed it so much that we are going to book again next year. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

Room tip: we had a ground floor near the beach volleyball it was quite which I liked and you could see the beach and the sea which was amazing.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear rebecca t,

Thank you very much for your comments and score.

It will be a pleasure to see you here agian in the future sharing your time with our big family in Fuerteventura.

With my best greetings and regards.