4,905 results
All reviews animation team pool area shopping centre sea view lobby bar half board lovely hotel evening shows aqua gym plenty of sunbeds plenty of choice fidelity card reception staff main restaurant courtesy room small shopping games room
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Second time we have been and it was excellent again. We booked a sea view room and when we arrived our view was literally a tree growing over into the balcony. My wife politely told (didn’t complain) the reception staff that it’s not really a sea view, they told us to come back in the morning and they would move us. Next morning we were moved to the penthouse free of charge with the best view, basically the google picture of the grounds and beach/sea (pics attached). At first I was gutted that all the entertainment ‘animacion’ staff had changed but the new staff were incredible. Made my 5yr old son feel like a king everyday.
I normally hate cringy holiday cabaret crap but they did ‘The Lion King’. I was expecting a proper cringe fest but the show was like a west end musical. Unbelievably good. Food, drink and staff all 10/10 easily (apart from one older guy serving omelettes at breakfast who looked like he wanted to slit his wrists but I get it, your 58 serving cheese and ham omelettes to hung over brits who rudely call you Pedro when your name is actually Cecil). The manager was brilliant as always and the hotel photographers took the most stunning pictures that we ended up purchasing. There was one ballsy pigeon that tested my patience a good few times (pic also attached)
Cannot rate this hotel high enough!

Trip type: Traveled with family
ELBACARLOTA, Director General at Elba Carlota Beach and Convention Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Dear sheadstedford,

Thank you very much for your comments and score.

We always try to help our guests and offer them the best possible alternatives..

I'm glad that the new room has been to your liking.

We take note of your comments that are sure to help us offer a better service to our guests

Miguel Angel Sanchez

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Having read people's reviews a few weeks ago where they said that this four star hotel had no English satellite channels except BBC World news and a fashion channel I thought by now they would have fixed the problem... Well guess what nope they have not and it seems they are unlikely too so if you fancy watching some English channels whilst your here try another hotel.. Totally rip off. But the rooms are nice. Lol. Beware the loud Germans are. here lol

Trip type: Traveled solo
ELBACARLOTA, Director General at Elba Carlota Beach and Convention Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Robert B,

Thank you for taking some of your time to share your opinion with others guests while staying with us.

As a member of management team told you during your stay. we do have satellite channels. You could find the TV grid at the desk in the rooms. As you could see there are english channels, polish channels, german channels, italian channels, etc...
Some years ago we did have more english channels until BBC in UK decide to change the setting of their satellite and made impossible to connect them again. We totally disagree with your words about a totally rip off.

It is very strange to us to read that germans are loud, normally they are one of the most quiet nationalities we do have at the hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Day 3 of our holiday and having a fantastic time. Room clean, facility spot less. Food amazing and huge selection. View of the sea and pool. Lovely and quiet on a night. Heard amazing reviews of thier Italian restsurant but sadly our bus from Corralejo took longer than expected and we missed out reservation but the evening meal buffet was still which we loved.met some lovely people already here who are visiting for the 4th time. Don't believe those negative reviews.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Darren C

Dear Darren C,

Thank you very much for your comments and score.

It is really good to read that you have enjoyed our food, our service and all in all our hotel facilities.

We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay among us and we have reached your expectations with our job and service.

With my best regards.

Reviewed June 6, 2018

I have stayed here several times and am going again this year! The hotel rooms are clean, spacious, well appointed, The buffet restaurant is exceptional with a wide variety of dishes to suit everyone. Last time I went, the entertainment team put on shows in the convention centre which was a bonus. There is daily entertainment and pool dances every day outside, loads for kids to do as well. They have sangria making demonstrations for the adults, salsa classes, Spanish lessons, yoga. There is an on site gym, shop, casino, two large pools plus outdoor jacuzzi and a children's pool. A pathway leads to a gate that will take you to the beach and sea. There is a huge shopping centre next door with a Spar. All inclusive is a great option as you can help yourself to snacks and drinks all day. You can also obtain bottle water for free on AI. There are excursions arranged for extra costs if you want to explore. The catamaran trips are good, the only drawback being that it can take as long as 2 hours for the coach to pick everyone up from other hotels. If I did that again I would get a taxi to Corralejo harbour and meet the party there instead. Last time I went, they had outdoor four poster beds to hire by the pool. 10 euros a day extra but well worth it as you get to keep it all day, no worrying about saving a sunbed. The entertainment team are so friendly and fun! When I went for my birthday last time, one of them drew me a picture and gave me some cake! I have stayed in one other hotel in Caleta de Fuste, further up the island, simply because it was cheaper but this year, it is Elba Carlota. Also worth mentioning is the local English church holds a service in the convention centre every Sunday morning. I went to this even when I was staying elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank suelumb61

Dear suelumb61,

Thank you very much for your comments on our facilities and our services.

Your description has been perfect and it is sure that you will see some more improvements this time.

It will be a pleasure for us to have you back here, your house.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon. With our best greetings and regards.

Director General

Reviewed June 5, 2018

We arrived late to the hotel to a warm welcome, a lovely clean pair of rooms (we booked a family room but got 2 adjoining rooms which was a bonus).
The following morning, there was no scrabble for the loungers so we were able to take our pick of the pool side location.
The Animation team were a little overenthusiastic at getting people to join in, but they were lively and the kids loved them. One was a little in love with himself and a bit rude to guests but I suspect it was just a weird sense of humour.
The staff in the hotel itself were lovely and all were happy to help. Our favourite one was Pene in the bar and restaurant - he was always happy, dancing around to the kids disco music, teaching my children spanish and offering us new cocktails to try.
Sadly - that is the good part of the holiday - which makes it an average review rather than a terrible one.
The service in the restaurant was pretty poor at times - sadly dependant on where you sat. I suspect it was more to do with understaffing that the staff themselves as they all tried their best.
Sadly the food service was not the same. The people serving the food were permanently sullen and you felt as if it was too much trouble to ask for some Pasta. My husband is vegetarian and really shouldn't have struggled, however the labelling of the food left a lot to be desired - fish being labelled as vegetarian, and the veggie pasta sauce got the meat sauce mixed in so one day all he could eat was dry pasta with cheese on. When he asked why the sauce labelled vegetarian had beef in, the guy shrugged at him and brushed him off. The worst bit about the pasta station was the woman on more than one occasion was cooking raw meat, she then came over to the pasta station without washing her hands, cross contaminated the spoon, the cooking basket and the plate with her blood and bacteria covered hands.
There were 3 bars in the hotel, one only opened if there was a special event, one where the kids disco was held, and a quiet lobby bar. They decided that half term week would be a great week to refurbish the lobby bar. The only bar that was open was standing room only on most nights until the mini disco was over - which meant we had to sit there and listen to the same cheesy songs each night to ensure we had a seat somewhere we could have a drink. Any entertainment in the evening was in the conference centre which meant that anybody wanting a drink in there had to come across the lobby and downstairs to buy one and then carry it back up.
These things really could have been avoided to stop the review being an average instead of an excellent.

Room tip: Sea view and pool view rooms are nice. 4th and 5th floors are best.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Superfussy

Dear Superfussy,

Thank you very much for all your comments and scores.

We are proud of all your notes related to our staff and service.

We take note of some problems since one of our interests is to receive feedback from our customers to improve and improve day by day.

It is important for us to know what things we do wrong in order to improve. We will treat this issue seriously and I am sure that something similar will not happen again.

I really appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon. Receive the best wishes.

Hotel manager.