“saganaut”
Review of Hotel Elba Carlota

Hotel Elba Carlota
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Third time staying at this hotel.
Quite a lively holiday hotel that caters for families very well although we are an elderly couple.
If you are not keen on children perhaps this isn't for you.
One of our stays coincided with the French half-term holidays so it was quite noisy at meal times and round the pool.
But having said that, we've greatly enjoyed our visits
Rooms are excellent, hotel is kept very clean, the food, if anything, has improved since our last visit: great variety and the buffet style means you'd be hard put not to have a very enjoyable meal.
There is also a pool bar for all inclusive visitors which serves food and drink in unlimited amounts all day.
Location is great, just walk through the beautiful gardens at the back of the hotel and you're on the wide attractive promenade and the sea, great for bathing as they have built rocky breakwaters so as to form lagoons along the beach.
Staff are mostly pleasant and willing, though do seem a bit overworked at times.
All seem to speak enough English to understand what you want.

All in all a good , cosmopolitan, lively holiday hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for south facing room if you want sun on your balcony all day! The north side is shadier and of...
2  Thank saganaut
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

dear sir / madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences in our hotel.
I am very pleased to see that regular visitors as yourself write such a positive review.
I am also very happy that you say that we have improved for example the food in our restaurant, as we are always looking to improve our services.
Myself and all the staff are looking forward seeing you again for the fourth time!

Jose Rodriguez.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Elba Carlota

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very good location. Very polite and hospitalable staff. Very clean rooms. Close to the ocean. And amazing food! One of the best fishes I've ever had! Very good choice of breakfest dishes. International cousin.

6  Thank Asailor1968
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

dear sir / madam,

I would like to take this opertunity to thank you for writing a review about hotel Elba carlota.
I am happy to see you have apreciated our hotel, our staff and our services!
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

we stayed here twice before the arrival of our eldest child. We have stayed twice more with her and we are booked to go in February for half term.

We've had sea view rooms and suites before and this time have booked a suit again as we will have a new baby as well.

As a safe place to go with young children allowing them access to a safe calm beach on the doorstep, children friendly choices on the buffet (don't worry there are no turkey twizlers but lots of cooked meats, salads etc for fussy children who like everything separate) as well as great food for the adults and good entertainment, friendly staff and perfectly located for the shops if you need to escape your loved ones, it really is superb.

we have stayed in a number of the Elba hotels but this is the best located on Fuerteventura and the staff are superb. The free wifi means that I can work in an evening in my room without worrying about finding a space in reception or having to leave my wife with the kids and really sets this place above others for me.

can't wait to see the staff again and wander the along the beach and in the gardens as well as update the family portrait in the gardens with our new addition.

as mentioned elsewhere, it's cheaper and easier to do your own transfer via taxi and miss the queues, the drivers will understand you if you only speak English so don't be scared.

Room Tip: pay the extra for a junior suite if you can, they are superb. Also join the elba club (available on...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Phil D

dear mister Phil,

Thank you very much for writing about your experiences in our hotel.
It is always a great pleasure and very satisfying to read such a positive review as yours, and
it motivates us a lot to see that you have been here before and even already booked your next stay!
I hope by now you are a member of our fidelity club, and do not forget to let us know in advance of your next stay in Februari if you have any (room)wishes we can try to fulfill for you!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Having just seen the most recent reviews my tip would be to take no notice of the food, bar and petty gripes. This is a very good hotel with a varied mix of European holiday makers staying there it is about 15 minutes from the airport, our taxi was 13.00 euros.
The staff are very helpful I guess they can be a bit moody if you've got impatient all inclusive bar dwellers who have no manners themselves, at best they were doing a good job as quick as they could and if you go to the trouble of asking in Spanish and say "please and thank you" also in Spanish you may get that little bit extra back. It was our 30th Wedding Anniversary whilst there and as Half Boarders we had to check in at the restaurant door so we could pick up our drink tab sheet, we became friendly with Daniel who was on duty, once he found out about our 30th he told us there would be a surprise on the day in our room fridge we felt quite humble here was someone going out of his way to do a little something special, he told us because we always smiled and acknowledge him with (you've guessed it) good manners and the time of the day it was the least he could do for us .
We were grateful to receive two small bottles of Cava and a fruit platter much needed after a hectic day by the pool.
In general the Hotel, Pool Area, Green areas, Bars and seating areas are kept very clean, no stray cups paper empty glasses are left too long. The mess on tables is created by guests and they do get clean when staff are not serving.
The rooms are good sizes the beds are large and comfy.A high standard of finish throughout we had sea view, so balcony couple of chairs and table on this. Bathroom is full size and towels are changed daily and restocking of toiletries also. It is not Bayliss and Harding so if you are in need of proper stuff you can get at the supermarket which is two minutes away.
Food was excellent so much choice I find it incredibly dull that people would call it average and repetitive, it wasn't. There are themed nights all excellently prepared from Sushi, Mexican, Canarias Oriental and the best Paella I've ever had. The dinner prep is faultless they're Chefs cooking food as you walk by deliberating, it was that difficult to choose, the salads fresh the bread tasty, the soup made very well. The service in the restaurant is good they are very busy and will bring wine clear up all without you having to ask so you can go off to choose whilst this is done for you. Tip the wine offered at 2.50 euro a glass or AI is table wine, ok, but a bit rough on the edges. Step up to the house Rioja it is much better, you would not get this on AI you have to pay. Breakfast is vast from continental through to bacon and eggs, again Chefs are prepping in front of you, so no one should ever fault this hotel for its food.
This a very good 4 star hotel there is not much they are doing wrong and you cannot please everyone.The Elba group are doing a good job there and we certainly will go back.

Room Tip: Sea View is best, in mornings sun rises straight onto balcony lovely and warm to get up to.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank 60Sharpee

dear sir / madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about hotel Elba Carlota.
Our main goal is to satisfy alll of our different clients, and I think it is safe to say that reading your comments, we succeeded!
I am very happy and very proud to see you have choses our hotel to celebrate your aniversary, and I am glad you apreciated the little atention on your special day.
Please take a look on our website to aply for a fidelity card, whcih you can use to earn discounts and benefits, not only in our hotel, but all the hotels of the Elba chain.
We are all looking forward to your next stay here with us!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just got back from the elba having spent a weeks holiday there 9th nov - 16th nov, what can I tell you? All the different aspects of this holiday I would grade as first class :- check-in,reception,facilities,cleanliness,rooms,pools,sports,view,scenery,food,service,staff.....little extras like wi-fi in the room(free),safe(small charge) and even English t.v channels inc,bbc 1 and I.t.v...all helped make this holiday special. A big thank you to the management and animation team. ( Stephan was very good). All in all one of the best hotels we have been to....

Room Tip: Pre-book and pay the extra for a sea view and use a taxi for transfers..room 346 great
3  Thank phil h

dear mister Phil,

Thank you very much for the positive review you have written about our hotel.
I am very happy and proud to read your kind words, and I must admit, working with clients as yourself makes our jobs so much more satisfying and motivating!
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

hi al get the bad points out of the way first. room 151 avoid like the plague fly's i sprayed the room with fly spray when going out .on return plenty of daed fly's and new one's have moved in. showered with fly's. just gave up in the end . on arriving if you pay for a safe with cash get a receipt. !! after booking with a travel company i found out about a fidelity card on trip advisor so sent of for one
on second day i asked to upgrade and pay cash for the upgrade was told the hotel was fully booked pace for safe with card and no points added card in the bin useless. don't bother getting one

ok now for the good points fantastic hotel good location next to the beach food is good a lot to choose from very clean nice place to relax one of the best pools have seen pool bar is good and the main bar it better so you have to wait for drinks so wot your on holiday theres no rush the staff work very hard all staff from the top to the bottom .and the animation team are fantastic and put a show on once a week o yes and theres entertainment every night so you won't be board all in all a fantastic 4 star hotel and ten days well spent and a dam good holiday and can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: avoid room 151
1  Thank john h

dear mister John,

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback about hotel Elba Carlota.
I am very happy and proud to see you have enjoyed your holidays in our hotel.
It is a shame though what you write about the fidelity card, because it does indeed give you discounts and benefits. The (free) upgrades are subjest availibility though, so sometimes difficult when we are fully booked.
The points are charged after clients checkout, to be able to also charge points for any drinks or other extras added to the room charge.
Myself and the rest of our staff are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Arrived Saturday on my birthday so I was looking forward to a great week. Arrived early 12pm (Check-in at 3PM) So I had a couple of hours to Kill. luckily I got my All-Inclusive arm band so I went to the Restaurant to have lunch. The food was alright for a buffet style restaurant and staff was very polite. During the week there were themed dinners such as Sushi, Paella, Mexican and so on. Only complaint was that the lamb chops were a bit hard to chew (I've had leather that was more tender) - that aside the food was good in general. My room was great I got what I asked for (sea view and not on the ground floor), have been to Fuerteventura before and had issues with cockroaches but not this time. Room was cleaned every day but the towels should be replaced as they were breaking apart. Also I kept getting Shower Gels instead of shampoo which was a bit annoying. The guys in the Bar code bar was a good craic even though they were busy at times and service there was excellent. The drink menu could be updated with more variety. Was it a 4 star hotel? Perhaps, my expectations were a bit higher. Overall it was good and I might come back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kimkbc

dear sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your holiday on this site.
I am happy to see you have apreciated our hotel, our services and our staff, and that you have enjoyed your time here with us, as that is what we aim for for all our clients!
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next stay.

Director.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigua
Hotel Elba Sara
Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level
#2 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Hotel Elba Carlota? Share your experiences!