“Very pleasant chilled hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Elba Carlota

Hotel Elba Carlota
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Antigua
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant chilled hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Just about to fly home from a 7day stay at Elba carlota. Having spent far too long choosing a hotel in fuerturventra I was happy with the stay. The hotel facilities are very good, nice clean rooms, private balancy, very short walk to the beach, nearest town only 10mins away. Pool, bars etc are clean and well looked after. I went half board as wasn't in the hotel much during the day, breakfast and dinner were hugely varied so defo something for everyone. The only one gripe about the hotel and the reason for 4 and not 5 stars was the meat at dinner was often very under cooked. Some people may prefer this but not for me.

Like a few people have reviewed there isn't much on in an evening but there are other parts of the island that have far more. Think this is more suited for people who just want to relax and fall asleep on an evening after a day in the sun!!! I could see the place being very over crowded in peak season so think September stay was a good choice.

There is a spa next door and weekdays you get 20% off treatments, defo worth a visit

Room Tip: Rooms on north side hav sun on balancy on the afternoon only. Best views are sea facing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ChrisC1983
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
dear mister Chris,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences in our hotel.
I am very happy to see that after a long search you have decided to choose our hotel, and enjoyed your choice!
Just a little note for a next stay;
whenever the meat is not cooked at your choice, just tell our cooks and they will be more than happy to cook it just the way you like, as they will with anything else!
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next stay here in hotel Elba Carlota!

Director.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from an 11 night break at the Elba Carlota hotel, Fuerteventura.

Reading some of the reviews that others have written, I was a little wary of what to expect leading up towards the holiday. I however was pleasantly surprised.

We arrived late around 9:30pm on the Saturday evening, just a 10 minute transfer away from Puerto Del Rosario airport. We were keen to get checked into our room for a good nights sleep following a long day of travelling. For the checking in time, we waited for around 45 minutes to get the key cards and information regarding our room due to many arrivals at the same time, and I was a little frustrated due to this, as I feel that more staff could have provided a quicker service.

However, on arrival to the room, first impressions were good. A lovely clean room, with a huge bed and balcony. We stayed in room 466 and had a view of the beach and Atlantico shopping centre. The bed wasn't extremely comfortable, and we requested two extra pillows which were kindly supplied upon request. But our room was pleasant enough for our stay.

The pool area was beautiful, lots of sunbeds available around the pool, although we preferred the sunbeds under the parasols which we found were hard to get. People happened to use their beach towels to reserve the sunbeds early which was unfair, the hotel could monitor this to make it fairer. The pool bar service is wonderful, and we spent a lot of time on the terrace. The pool snack bar from 3pm - 5pm was also very good which provided burgers, hot dogs, pizza, chips and salad.

Being all inclusive, we used the main restaurant mostly for breakfast and dinner with lunch on the odd occasion. Breakfast is definitely the best meal of the day and there is always so much choice to please everyone's different tastes. A selections of meats, fish, pasta, potatoes, pizza, breads, fruit and desserts (not forgetting always chips!) Food was one of my main worries as myself and partner are quite fussy eaters. But we always managed to find something we liked. A few people commented on their reviews previously that the drinks service was slow, but we were always attended to quickly once seated.

Our travel rep from Thomson was always so helpful too with advising us of the local area and during our holiday we visited the Oasis Park, through the available excursions, which is well worth the visit! A free bus takes you from your hotel to the park where you can enjoy camel rides, swimming with sea lions and lemur encounters. We have some beautiful photos to remember our trip.

If you walk out of the gate onto the beach and turn left, you can walk all the way round to the pretty harbour, where you can get ice cream, visit the little shops and take camel rides on the beach. If you walk to the right of the gate, you can walk towards the Atlantico shopping centre literally two minutes away where there are a small selection of shops including a Spar for groceries. We used the spar to fill up the fridge in our room with soft drinks and nibbles. On the information sheet upon arrival to your room it says there is a charge for using the fridge, but this is to be ignored, unless of course you wish to use the minibar service.

We didn't choose to use the safe, nor the hotel towels. But there is a charge incurred for these services. With the airport being only 10 minutes away, it is also worth considering whether noise would affect you on your stay, as the planes fly quite low and you can hear these, especially early in the morning. However, we got used to the noise after a few days and it didn't seem to bother us too much.

Overall, we had a fantastic time at the Elba Carlota. A holiday is definitely what you make of it, whether you wish to have a relaxed holiday by the pool, or spend lots of time visiting the local attractions. We had a lovely time.

We would definitely recommend the hotel to friends or family, and would consider returning in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right of the hotel, like ours, have a view of the beach from the side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sarah E
dear miss Louise,

Thank you very much for the comments you have written about hotel Elba Carlota on this site.
We always try to encourage our clients to write a review about their experiences with us, as we are constantly trying to improve.
And I must admit your review is a great source of motivation for us, and as said, it helps us to improve, so thank you very much for that!
I am looking forward to your next holiday here in our hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I Stayed with family (3 Adults and 1 Child of 12) at the Elba Carlota Hotel at the very end of August 2013. Upon arrival we were ever so excited at the grand presentation of the hotel!!! Central stair case, entrance to a sleek looking casino tucked in the the side, the pool lit up. The staff desk was helpful, informative and efficient. We arrived gone 9pm expecting to have missed dinner but were told we still had time to take luggage to our rooms at sit for dinner. The AI buffet is always being replaced, they never run out even at the end of meal times! Fresh salads and breads always available. Throughout the week there was variety! all meats, paella, one night Chinese style! They serve you your drinks which is nice!
The town is a leisurely stroll away. Next door is a small indoor shopping center too. Pool area very clean, rooms and bathroom clean, hotel in general very well kept. Pool lobby loos were a little less so by the afternoon. Entertainment every night if wanted. Fabulous animation team day and night! Enthusiastic but not pushy and pestering! Overall I feel I cannot fault my stay at the Elba Carlota Hotel, with a very late deal we paid a great price and enjoyed a lovely holiday!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Ribena15
dear miss / mister Ribena,

I would like to thank you for the comments you have written about hotel Elba Carlota.
Our main goal is to satisfy all of our clients, so I am very happy to see you have apreciated our hotel, our services and our staff, and that you and your family have enjoyed yourselves here with us.
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next stay here with us!

Bradford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed here for a week from 21st August as a party of 2 adults and 4 children.

You can break a review into several areas which I have done so below.

TRANSFER: Only a 10 minute coach ride from the airport which is great news. Having visited the Elba Sara last year I already knew it was a swift transfer time. No messing about at the airport and driving away on the coach around 40 minutes after landing.

ARRIVAL: Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the lady who heads up guest relations with champagne and soft drinks for the children. Off to a good start then. Within a few moments of displaying my membership confirmation email for the Fidelity club we had 2 adjoining rooms on the fifth floor. I had previously emailed the hotel and stated my membership number for the Fidelity club a couple of weeks earlier. Does it make a difference – well it got me exactly what I wanted.

ROOM: The rooms were great and had a partition door which proved very useful. Rooms 523 and 524 are stated as sea view which is partially accurate - basically a view of the pool area below and sea off to your right. Air con was fine and kept us reasonably cool. Just make sure you get an extra room key card to keep in the slot for the air con, or of course use your Subway loyalty card as it works just as well. Beds are quite firm, but I slept for England each and every night as did everyone.

DINING ROOM: As we arrived early evening, we were quickly into the dining room after a brief unpack and shower. The dining room is quite busy, but there was no real queuing for food other than maybe a moment or so. The waiters and waitresses are quick to attend to you and there is no self-service for drinks unlike the Elba Sara (this hotels sister hotel further down the beach). Everything is waiter driven which I guess takes the strain out of walking drinks across the room and bumping into people. No issues with getting a table for 6 at all.

FOOD AND DRINK: Everything is fine by my standards. There is a good cross section of hot and cold food served at all meal times. I preferred the lunchtime dining experience to the evening experience, probably as I timed it right so that I could get an outside table. Beer is Cruz Campo, an excellent brew for sure. Each night we asked for 2 glasses of red and ended up just being given the bottle, great stuff after a tough day by the pool.

GROUNDS: Everywhere is spotlessly clean to my mind and attention to detail second to none. There are a few quiet areas between the pool and the beach to get away from any noise and have a quiet walk around. At the back of the hotel is the beach with further sunbeds which I would guess are paid for. The beach is nice though with plenty of space around you and provides a good spot for a walk up and down. Town is only 20 minutes away.

POOL AREA: This is absolutely fine and there were plenty of sunbeds going around, even a while after breakfast. Being in a party with 4 children, I found myself being one of those who were ready to get up at 830am and stand by a shady spot to secure 6 beds in partial shade to avoid kids getting burnt. Don’t get me wrong, I was only one of a handful of people doing this, there certainly is no major rush for beds first thing. If it had been just me and my partner, I certainly would have had a lay in and got beds around the edge of the pool which remained vacant for a long while after breakfast.

POOL BAR: The Aricefe Bar provides quick access to food and drink and service at the bar is quick. Again, unlike Elba Sara, there is no self-service for drinks unless you are getting soft drinks from the machine. A coffee machine is also present in the Aricefe bar if you don’t get enough coffee at breakfast.

ENTERTAINMENT: There is plenty of entertainment during the day and also in the evening, although that was not high on my agenda. The animation team seemed to do a great job of keeping the children entertained during the day. Each day there would be a crazy aqua aerobic session in the pool which was themed and quite funny.

DEPARTURE: Being a Fidelity member, on the penultimate day of our stay I secured one of the 2 rooms until 6pm without any issues whatsoever. The coach was picking up at 4.30pm so the extra time in the one room worked well for us and meant we could enjoy the morning and lunchtime pretty much as we had any other day.

SUMMARY: The hotel is much smaller than the Elba Sara, but that really worked well for me this year. I was not having to run all over the place trying to track down where the kids where. This is a great hotel and well worthy of its 4star status which I would fully agree with.

Jump on the next plane out of here and visit this hotel again – yes

Recommend to a friend – yes

Room Tip: Join the Fidelity club
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank streeti
dear madam,

Thank you very much for the complete review about hotel Elba Carlota.
I really apreciate all the information about our hotel you have put in your review, as it makes an excellent source of information for our future guests.
I am very happy to see you and your family have enjoyed your time here with us, especially beiing a fidelity member and having visited Elba hotels before.
It is a great pleasure working with guests as yourself, it gives us motivation to continue to give the best service we can!
I hope to may welcome you and your family again very soon!

Newport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just returned from a two week stay at the Elba Carlota. I was upgraded to a pool/sea view room as a result of my Fidelity club membership and was given early admittance to my room where a fruit platter and some sweets awaited. I had the extra benefit of having wifi availability on my balcony due to its' proximity to the reception area :-). I found the food and drink pretty good for an AI experience. The Lobby bar gets very busy at times and would benefit from extra staff. That said, the barmen were very hard working, and tried their best to serve everyone in the correct order. The hotel gardens and pool area are beautiful and I had no problem getting a sunbed each day. It's a good 20 minute walk into Caleta, but taxis are only about 3.5 euro. The planes flying overhead can be a bit annoying at times. A special mention to the Animacion team who are a terrific bunch of kids! They are so friendly, but don't try to force anyone to take part in any of the activities around the pool. They also provide some of the evening shows in the Sinatra bar. Beautiful beach right outside the back entrance to the hotel.

Room Tip: High pool / sea view room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank singleg
dear sir / madam,

I would like to take this opertunity to thank you for the review you have submitted.
It is always a great pleasure to see our guests happy and satisfied with the service we offer, and I am happy you have apreciated the free upgrade and little atention in your room because of beiing a fidelity member.
I hope to may welcome you with us again very soon!

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Im sorry i didnt put this review up earlier. We had 2 Weeks at this hotel in January & we cant wait to return. All the staff were fantastic the best Barman ever was called Diago such a nice man & nothing was too much for him. We will be back in june 2014 for what im sure will be as good as ever. Food fantastic Pool's great Location Brilliant. In summary the best Hotel we have stayed at in year's & we fully intend to use it again & again. To the hole team at the Elba Carlota a big thank you see you soon.

Room Tip: Any room will please
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Descrane
dear sir / madam,

Thank you very much for your comments.
Do not worry for not commenting earlyer, as they say; "better late than never"!
I am very happy to read your review, as it is really positive and motivates us to keep going and improve more untill your next stay here with us!
I hope to see you again soon!

Francheville, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

i visited this hotel last month, in Aug, the staff was good with professional attitude and receptionist treated us in very friendly manner, i didn't like the breakfast in morning, otherwise it was clean place and one of the best thing it is very near to airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank maria d
dear miss Maria,

Thank you for your review about hotel Elba carlota.
I must admit to feel a litte disapointed with the rate you gave our hotel, seeing
the title of your review is "good" and your comments are positive.
If you maybe feel there is something we can improve, please tell us in your next review.
thank you very much.

Director.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigua
Hotel Elba Sara
Barcelo Corralejo Bay
#6 of 46 in Corralejo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,201 reviews
Occidental Jandia Playa

Been to Hotel Elba Carlota? Share your experiences!