“Not for the English Visitor”

Advise Aparthotel Reina
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Vera
Wokingham
“Not for the English Visitor”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We have just returned from this holiday and whilst the hotel is clean we would certainly not rate it as a 4*. We travelled as 'All Inclusive' and it would appear they have not quite grasped what this means - think perhaps they are only just venturing into this market.. Rather than be issued with an wristband you have to carry an identification card and take a slip of paper to the restuarant which is crossed off daily - the meals in the restuarant were good however food outside their opening hours was pretty non- existent - when we asked about food at the bar they offered to make a sandwich or hot dog. We never did find an icecream ! The reception staff could understand English but the it was very difficult to make any other staff members understand what we were saying. There was no safe in our room and to get one we had to repack all our belongings and move to another room. The hotel staff were very pleasant just a shame none of us could understand each other. The rooms were clean and tidy however at certain times of day there was an 'odour' on the lower ground floor. We were the only English guests in the hotel for the duration of our 10 day stay and the entertainment was pretty non existent unless you understand Bingo and Music Quizes in Spanish. They did have a couple singing on 2 occasions but again all entirely in Spanish. The Disco did not open during the whole of our stay and there was no atmosphere at all in the social areas - some background music in the bar area was however turned on during our last 2 evenings. The only English TV channel was CNL news ! The hotel was full of older Spanish holidaymakers that arrived and departed by the coachload daily. The hotel may improve but I certainly would not recommend this hotel to the English visators at the moment

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BarlieWokingham

Business
Londoner on a writing break
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Late September 2008 I stayed at the Reina hotel in Vera, Almeria.

I’ve been meaning to post my feedback for a while to spread the good word about this fabulous hotel!

I stayed at the Reina Hotel as a single female on a holiday/writing break and this hotel could not have been better.

All the rooms at the Reina Hotel are apartments. There were three rooms. A large double bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchen with dining area and lounge. There was also a large balcony that looked over the swimming pool.

The rooms were kept spotlessly clean.

I stayed there half-board. There is a sheet that Easy Jet email a link for, that you MUST Print up and present to the hotel staff and they give you a tick list/voucher to take to your meals.

The staff were helpful and friendly. Generally there would be at least one staff member who spoke English on the lobby desk, but if they was not they would try to help and battle through the language barrier.

The restaurant was massive and there was a great choice of food. I am fussy and this was good food. At every meal there was a chef grilling fresh food.

The food was so delicious, I had to be careful I did not return to England looking like a house!

The swimming pool was lovely and the beach is two minutes walk away. There is also a basic gym and a spa room to work off the extra weight...

For any writers out there, the lounge area was a perfect place to write. I never felt cooped-up.

The one big problem is getting to the hotel. A taxi from the airport was 90 Euros which is too expensive for me, so I found my own way.

I caught a bus from the airport in to the town of Almeria, where I caught a coach to Vera rail station and from there, a taxi to the hotel. This journey cost under 19 Euros and took a couple of hours.

I stayed at the Reina Hotel for eight nights, at half board for £282. It was an EasyJet holiday. What a bargain! I will definitely return.

I highly recommend Reina hotel in Vera, Almeria.

• Liked — It was a good space, an apartment and it was clean.
  • Disliked — No Wifi internet
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank filmdiva
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vera
Zimbali Playa Spa Hotel
#5 of 24 in Mojacar
Hotel Best Indalo
Hotel Best Indalo
#6 of 24 in Mojacar

Been to Advise Aparthotel Reina? Share your experiences!